Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • madison Zenith hooded softshell??
  • brickwizard
    Free Member

Can anybody who uses one give me a little review?
    Looking for something to keep me bit warmer out riding in the winter nights

rivingtonbike
    Free Member

I’ve got the Madison Zenith Softshell (Hoodless) and it’s my “go to” jacket.
    It rarely gets too hot if riding in weather around or below 15deg C.When winter kicks in add a couple of base layers and it’s still toastie warm even when the temp gauge hits below freezing.
    Showerproof rather than waterproof, but i prefer it to my Goretex softhell which is a bit “boil in the bag” at anything above 12 degC.
    Great jacket for the money imo.

dmck16
    Free Member

One thing to bear in mind…

Was in my lbs last week looking at some jackets, there appeared to be two types of Zenith jacket – one was more of a fleece (cheaper), one was a waterproof (pricier).
    They were both labelled as softshell, with the waterproof version feeling slightly more rigid (but still soft).

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

rivingtonbike, have you tumble dried yours yet? Just bought one and I’ll be wearing it for the first time tonight. ‘Er indoors tumble dries everything in sight, so I’m hoping it won’t shrink if she gets to it before me :-).

drovercycles
    Free Member

I’d keep it well away from the tumble drier if I were you, quite likely to melt!

drovercycles
    Free Member

there appeared to be two types of Zenith jacket

There are three current Zenith Jackets:

Zenith Waterproof Jacket – no hood, 4-way stretch waterproof/breathable fabric. Not really a softshell but a lightweight, stretchy waterproof material so might feel a bit like light, stiff softshell. This is the only one which is properly waterproof.

Zenith Hooded Softshell Jacket – breathable, showeproof (DWR-coated) softshell jacket with a hood. Mid-weight.

Zenith Lightweight Softshell Jacket – no hood, lighter-weight than the above and not DWR-coated so less waterproof (though will still be lightly-shower-resistant).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘madison Zenith hooded softshell??’ is closed to new replies.