Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Madison Genesis road team: steel
  • HansRey

Hi,

Has anybody got some more information regarding the new Madison Genesis road team? According to this link they’ll be riding on 953 steel frames.

Which events do you think they’ll be attending?

HR

Mister-P
    Free Member

No further details have been released yet AFAIK. What I do know is the three blokes in that picture are not on the team as one of them is me and I can’t ride for toffee.

dja25
    Free Member
    Klunk
    Free Member

I can’t ride for toffee.

will ride for jelly babies though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

alking about weight, they’re confident it will meet the UCI’s minimum weight limit of 6.8kg.

I wonder how much that’ll cost…..

953 frame £ loads
    Sub 15lb build when you’ve already put an extra kilo in the frame over a cabon one? £££££!

I’ll still want one though!

mrmo
    Free Member

I think the first question is what level the team is allowed to race at, and can afford to race at

ie Protour, Pro continental, continental, domestic, etc.

The first is almost certainly a non starter then you get what events you get invites to, what events you can get to logistically, etc

For a UK team, there seem to be fewer and fewer good, one day races, Archer, Tour of Cotswolds etc have gone. This years Wilton grandprix has been cancelled. Yes there are the Halfords races but not exactly preparation for a life in the big time, which is what i believe the point of this team is. I do hope it works.

Just like to see a few more big one day races, try and get a successor to the Wincanton going for instance.

mrmo
    Free Member

953 frame £ loads
    Sub 15lb build when you’ve already put an extra kilo in the frame over a cabon one? £££££!

I suggest you read up on what a steel frame weighs. It will weigh more than a light carbon frame, but it won’t weight 1kilo more. max 1lb and should be less gain that that.

bentudder

Apparently it’s a U23 team and will look for UCI Continental status. Reynolds heavily involved, hence the 953 stuff.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Team manager is Roger Hammond who came across a real nice guy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Madison Genesis road team: steel’ is closed to new replies.