Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • madison flux/charge spoon…….the same?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

…..probably been done on here before but looking for a saddle for the training bike and these 2 seem to fit the bill, they look very similar, are comments?

Cheers

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yep got them both here and they are exactlyh the same.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Yep got them both here and they are exactlyh the same.

cheers Mosey 😀

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

No problem. Think there is another that is near identical by Gusset.

Northwind

Gusset R, is the one.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Gusset R, is the one.

……would you care to elaborate? 😯

jameso

All use Velo’s 1205 model as a base, as do a lot of bike brand’s own label saddles.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Flux is slightly softer IMO

wishiwascalledsteve

Agree with umop3pisdn, the Flux defineatly feels to have softer padding than the Spoon. Both are comfortable and same shape.
    Marginaly prefer the Spoon, but would be happy with either

mattsccm
    Free Member

Got them both and they are not the same. Damn close though but some how the Spoon feels nicer. Dunno why.

Northwind

epo-aholic – Member

……would you care to elaborate?

What I meant was, Gusset R is the other saddle that uses the same basic chassis/construction, though it’s still the one you should choose because of this:

and this:

The 3 aren’t identical though, there’s differneces in outer/stitching and the Flux feels a wee bit less padded to me too- though wouldn’t want to call that one for sure.

nick1962
    Free Member

Got two Spoons and a gusset R which I prefer,seems to feel a bit springier and the surface seems smoother.Probably just worn!

passtherizla
    Free Member

because of this thread I am £20 poorer… denim leopard skin saddle has been ordered. Death punk forever! Gonna have to start riding in my cut off denim jacket with leopard skin pockets. 😉

jim
    Free Member

Got two Spoons and a gusset R which I prefer,seems to feel a bit springier and the surface seems smoother.

On the flip side I prefer my Spoons to my Gusset R which turned intolerably creaky quite quickly.

spr000
    Free Member

Are the saddles (Spoon/Flux/R) all the same width?

druidh
    Free Member

Yes

spr000
    Free Member

Thanks, so what is it? I’ve seen 138 for the spoon and 143-145 for the Flux/Gusset, which one is correct?

Edit: I suppose the differences could be down to level of cushioning?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘madison flux/charge spoon…….the same?’ is closed to new replies.