Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Made the mistake of buying make-up for the wife on eBay…!
  • poppa
    Free Member

Two sets of Benfit make up from two different sellers, both with perfect feedback. When they turn up they are both fakes! Should have known, if it looks too good to be true etc.

One was given away by the terrible instruction manual: 'Realness of Concealness' (the name of the product), was written as 'Realmess of Concealness' throughout!

The other was given away by slight differences in the pattern on the inside of the packaging, in conjunction with frankly bizarre documentation: 'As the tide of the year's most indicators in fashion week 4 large, T stage of the make up course ought never dudangyimian "smoked eye" (smoky eye).'!!!

Now to try for refunds. One of the sellers has no refund policy (private seller) so I have no idea how easy it will be.

woffle
    Free Member

if you paid by paypal first email the seller saying item is not as described (there should be a 'fake' or similar option). Then, if you don't get a refund, you can raise a paypal case. Chances are you'll see your money pretty quickly

The seller, if they've got a business going selling hooky gear, will probably refund you sharpish to save you reporting it to ebay. Being registered as a private seller doesn't mean a thing in reality.

Flaperon

Report to eBay. With any luck you'll get a prompt refund and their accounts will be closed.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Simple, just tell ebay they are fakes, paypal reclaim funds and they're reported to the authorities. Already had this with a Wii controller which was the same price as the proper ones.

JulianA
    Free Member

I so thought that the title said 'Made the mistake of buying the wife on eBay… I guess I should have gone to SpecSavers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Made the mistake of buying make-up for the wife on eBay…!’ is closed to new replies.