• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Made from the STW classifieds… (NEW BIKE content)
  • DanW
    Free Member

Just a quick thread to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped out via the Classifieds on here over the years 😀

This is my GF’s new bike (apologies for the lack of decking/ weeds/ washing/ etc in the background!). Everything came from the Classifieds here- nothing from ebay and nothing bought new. There were of course bargains aplenty but I think my fav discoveries have to be the Merlin frame (hard to find a good fit when she has the same length legs as me but little T-rex arms :D) and Pro-Lite wheels (1600g and super solid).

My only regret is that she now enjoys speeding a little too much and makes rides hard work now!

There are too many people to thank but all I guess we can both say is long live the classifieds. Ta! 😀

beckykirk43
    Free Member

That looks very smart – you have a lucky GF 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nice job.

nealglover
    Free Member

Is that wall slate ?

Looks great

jambon
    Free Member

So what did it cost, ballpark? Looks great.

Are the pedals staying?

flip
    Free Member

Lovely bike, even better wall 😉

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Nice bike, nice wall, nice pics. what’s the frame made of?

DanW
    Free Member

Thanks for the great comments 😀

The wall was a little costly but unfortunately it isn’t mine… if anyone can hazard a guess where the photo was taken I’d be impressed. Think slate… think Wales maybe…

The pedals will stay unless some bling flats come along any time soon. My GF may well like speeding but she has had battles with the tarmac in the past so I don’t think clipless is on the horizon. A broken wrist, elbow and collarbone in one go have hopefully have already earned her rite of passage as a mountain biker but I’d rather not risk any more mishaps!

I think I probably paid around £500-600 (hard to say as the parts have been collected for over a year) for everything which although is a lot of money is something of a bargain I would say. The frame is Kinesis Aluminium. My GF chose everything so the whole bike has a personal touch which you wouldn’t get off the shelf for the same money.

Overall, we are both very happy!

GJP
    Free Member

Looks sweet. Job well done I reckon.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Nice work : )

fenred
    Free Member

Nice build. Needs better looking bottle cage 😉

nick1962
    Free Member

Spooky-just watching Merlin on BBC 1 for some unexplained reason as I never have before and then this pops up on STW!
    Great job Dan looks great 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

nice job

Paulio
    Free Member

Looks good, nice work. Is it outside the Millennium Centre or the Senedd in Cardiff Bay?

DanW
    Free Member

Ah Paulio, you had to ruin the game 😀 It is indeed outside the Millennium Centre. It’s a good background to a silver bike.

I’ve always liked the understated look to bikes and I think we’ve achieved it with my GF’s build. As I’ve said a lot already- very happy and very grateful to the STW Massif

highclimber
    Free Member

nice!

Paulio
    Free Member

Yesssssss! Working in Cardiff Bay finally pays off.

amphibian
    Free Member

Tidy.

DanW
    Free Member

Proper Welsh comment amphibian!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Made from the STW classifieds… (NEW BIKE content)’ is closed to new replies.