Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Madbid.com?
  • missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Has anyone used madbid.com? Wife wants a new laptop and has seen the adverts that promise massive savings, I’m just wondering if anyone has used it and whether there are any hidden pitfalls. As they saying goes, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true….

dooosuk
    Free Member

Had a quick look once…but you buy credits to bid (iirc) so you could end up spending without winning. Some of the prices do look good though.

toys19
    Free Member

I have looked at it, but I think its a con…

Stoner
    Free Member

stay clear. it’s a swizz.

you pay to bid and you only win if no one else bids before the time expires.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Yeah for example four people could bid for an item, only the one person gets it but everyone still pays….

theflatboy
    Free Member

whoever came up with it is a (rich) genius. whoever tries to buy something on it is insane.

jwr

As I understand it it’s basically a gambling site. You place bets on an auction. Each bet uses up some of your credit.

-j

toys19
    Free Member

Yeah exactly, its a con..

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Thanks, I thought that when I looked at how it worked.

Makes me wonder if that is why everyone on the adverts looks so bloody miserable at their “bargains” lol! I wonder how much the fat guy who won the TV actually paid for it??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Madbid.com?’ is closed to new replies.