Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mad Men grand finale – spoilerama
  • chakaping
    Free Member

So, what did you make of that then? They crammed quite a lot in.

Did Peggy make the right decision?

Has Pete really changed?

Was Don’s storyline convincing?

What’s the story with Roger’s ‘tache? Does he think he looks like Burt Reynolds or something?

I think mostly yes to the above BTW, though it reinforced my opinion that Don is about the least interesting character in the show.

stewartc
    Free Member

Nice ending, and I guess its Don that invented the coke ad?

bensales
    Free Member

I loved the idea of Don becoming a hippy and then going back to work on the Coke campaign resulting in the ‘Buy the world a Coke’ ad.

Peggy I found a little improbably but no more so than Pete’s ending. Shame Pete never properly apologised to Peggy for the kid.

Was neatly set up for a spin-off set about ten years later. Joan’s production company and Peggy as Creative Director.

BoardinBob

I couldn’t get past the 3rd series. It was just so chronically repetitive. Does it get any better?

bensales
    Free Member

Actually, I think the main thing I liked was they didn’t end with Don jumping from a window as many thought they would.

stewartc
    Free Member

It ends with Don being Don, he gets broken down but at the end he is all clean shaven, air brushed neat, fresh shirt and in the zone, in this case figuring out what makes the market tick (in this case peace and love).

chakaping
    Free Member

True, but is he happy?

I’m glad Roger didn’t jump out of the window, like my wife thought he would.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mad Men grand finale – spoilerama’ is closed to new replies.