Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Mad Japanese MotoGP
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Crazy crazy race 😀

santacruzsi
    Free Member

not seen it yet, although know the result! Got it on Sky+ !

donsimon
    Free Member

Bonkers barmy.
    Stoner. 😯

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Aye, it was a good race. A shame for Valentino as I was looking forward to seeing what they had managed to get out of that Ducati.

Also a shame for Cal, but good track time I suppose. I look forward to seeing how he gets on next year.

epicyclo

That was a brilliant save by Stoner.

I notice the commentators are now saying Rossi is in the twilight of his career. Sounds like they’re writing him off – a bit too soon. Still Stoner won that race last year on a bike that no-one seems to be able to podium this year – which suggests Stoner is the better rider.

SImoncelli is coming into maturity as a rider. Can see him as MotoGP champ within 2 years.

Good to see Ito was riding again – shame he didn’t get a bit of TV exposure.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Stoners post race description of the event was good. Hands got shaken off the bars, then went for the brakes but nothing there. Pumped the brakes and on the second pump they grabbed and almost pitched him over. Finally managing to scrub off enough speed to avoid the barrier and rejoin. Think a change of leathers would be required!

Was a shame for Valentino. Stoner must find it highly amusing though, especially after Vale’s comments last year about Stoner not trying hard enough and saying they’d have the Ducati front end sorted in 5 minutes.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Still Stoner won that race last year on a bike that no-one seems to be able to podium this year – which suggests Stoner is the better rider.

This years Ducati is using a 2012 chassis with is designed for a 1000cc engine and not the 800cc, According to Neil Spalding that chassis lacks the set up tolerances because of this so they’re basically riding it to it’s maximum set up potential with that engine, hence why there’s no feeling in the front end.

I think next year will be the year you can truly compare Stoner’s ability to Rossi when he’s had the chance to develop the bike to his liking.

Then in 2013 when Marc Marquez moves up to motoGP he’ll kick everyone’s arse. Amazing talent. 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Stoners post race description of the event was good. Hands got shaken off the bars, then went for the brakes but nothing there. Pumped the brakes and on the second pump they grabbed and almost pitched him over.

And that all happened in what fraction of a second?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Then in 2013 when Marc Marquez moves up to motoGP he’ll kick everyone’s arse. Amazing talent.

He is amazing, though Bradl seems to be doing all he can to help Marquez out!

That 125 race that Marquez won last year when it rained and he fell out the re-start out lap. Amazing stuff.

Wonder if he’ll be tempted to jump to MotoGP if he does win Moto2?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Wonder if he’ll be tempted to jump to MotoGP if he does win Moto2?

I’d imagine he won’t as there will be not ride for him as he will almost certainly demand a works ride and being Repsols new golden boy I’d imagine it would be to Honda. Could be wrong though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Will he be another Pedrosa in motogp though? Fast but fragile.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Hope not.

epicyclo

Mulletus Maximus – Member
    This years Ducati is using a 2012 chassis with is designed for a 1000cc engine and not the 800cc…

So they deliberately set out to handicap themselves this year? There’s no way I see that being accepted as a good thing by either Rossi or Burgess.

I reckon that was done because last years chassis was just about unrideable for anyone else but Stoner. Hayden didn’t do well on it, and he’s an excellent rider.

If Rossi had thought he could win on last year’s chassis, that’s what he would be riding.

br
    Free Member

And that all happened in what fraction of a second?

One or two – you can see each bit of the video.

Showed good presence of mind, to go for the brakes as soon as the bars stopped shaking.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Isn’t there something about a “rookie” rider not being able to ride for a full on “factory” team? Wouldn’t that rule out Marq’? Or am I talking out of my better hole?

Rosss
    Free Member

Nope, IIRC bikebouy a rookie can’t spend his first year on a factory bike. Judging by how well simo has gone this year Marq should make the move this year onto a San Carlo bike and i’d say he could be well up there.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Didn’t Pedrosa and Lorenzo both go straight to factory teams for their first year?

Sic’s San Carlo is a full on HRC factory bike, same as the Repsol bikes, just different stickers.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well I’d like to see Marq’ on a full fat MotoGP 1000cc bike for sure.. I know Danny’s not a fat lad but Marq’s a teeeny weeeny little idddy bidddy guy..
    It’s going to be bonkers giving him 300hp (kinda) and 70kgs of hurling monster to play on..

He needs to speak to a few Russian Gymnasts to see where they get there “nutrition” from me thinks..

And as an asside I haven’t really watched much of this years MotoGP, having been a longtime fan I kinda got bored witht the 800’s, glad they’re back on 1000cc’s soon.

Pigface
    Free Member

Marquez makes Pedrosa look like a Sumo 😯 just so tiny it is ridiculous.

votchy
    Free Member

Watched a bit yesterday, question for the regulars – when Rossi came off he was walking very hunched over and the commentator said it looked like his airbag had gone off, anyone shed any light on this?

almightydutch
    Free Member

Marquez will go to GP and get his own squad, that way they can get around the fact he cant go into a Factory Squad in first year but he will be riding a Factory Honda and a Factory mechanics. (Eg: Same as Simoncelli but Marquez will be single ride team)

As for his stature, he has grown somewhat since his early 125 days. He’s quite a bit bigger than Pedrobot and more like Stoner now.

I personally cant wait for Crazy Joe (Andrea ianone) to ride a 1000. the way he man handles the Moto 2 bikes is awesome. Ok he needs to work on his consistency but imagine him, Simoncelli and Dovi all having a scrap on track. Cant wait for 2012!!!!!!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

looked like his airbag had gone off, anyone shed any light on this?

Some of the suits have airbags in them to protect the shoulders and they go off in the event of a crash. Check this out.

More moto2 craziness is definitely what motogp needs. Reckon big bikes will help too.

I don’t see why it’s a problem for rookies to go into full factory teams, both Lorenzo and Pedrosa did just that when they moved from 250 to MotoGP. Marquez being sponsored by Repsol as well makes it a bit of a given. Reckon he’ll still do another year in Moto2 though and then take Dani’s spot the year after (unless Dani wins big next year.)

Reluctant
    Free Member

Moto 2 has been brilliant in both seasons. The size and quality of the grid is amazing which gives us close exciting racing, which we don’t get from Moto GP anymore. Bradl and Marquez have been great all season, but the real entertainment is Iannone and to a lesser degree Scott Redding.
    Hopefully next year will see Chaz Davies on a Moto 2 bike after his win in World Supersport – well done Chaz! 8)

Zedsdead
    Free Member

So they deliberately set out to handicap themselves this year? There’s no way I see that being accepted as a good thing by either Rossi or Burgess.

I reckon that was done because last years chassis was just about unrideable for anyone else but Stoner. Hayden didn’t do well on it, and he’s an excellent rider.

If Rossi had thought he could win on last year’s chassis, that’s what he would be riding.

They decided to dump last years heap of junk and leapfrog onto next years with the view that it would give them an edge in developing the new chassis ahead of the new 1000cc lump being thrown in.

As much as it is a pile of crap compared to the Japanese bikes I’d still love to have a go.

mrblobby
    Free Member

As much as it is a pile of crap compared to the Japanese bikes I’d still love to have a go.

Me too, though would almost certainly bin it first corner!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Mad Japanese MotoGP’ is closed to new replies.