Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Macmillan Glencoe Endurance Challenge
  • martymacmillan
    Free Member

Hello folks. Thought you might like to know about a new charity MTB event we’ve launched up at Glencoe in August. Should be a great day out on the bike, with a good crew and friendly vibe, for an awesome cause. And always more down than up, you know it makes sense!

MACMILLAN GLENCOE ENDURANCE CHALLENGE
    Saturday August 3rd 2013 at Glencoe Mountain Resort

Part uplift day, part endurance challenge. A fast and furious cross country loop and red trail downhill blast. Complete as many loops as you can and raise money for people affected by cancer.
    Description
    Starting on the plateau in a mass start, you’ll charge round a short but intense cross-country course before dropping into the main red trail back to the base. A quick pause as you take the chair back to the top then you start over. Complete as many laps as you can between 9am and 4pm.

You can take part solo, as a pair, or as a trio depending on how hard you want to go. When you’re not riding we’ll have a chill-out area with tunes to await your next shot.

The best thing about the day though, is by riding your bike and having fun, you’re helping charity too. All the money raised on the day goes directly to Macmillan Cancer Support, to ensure that no one in Scotland or the wider UK will face cancer alone.

There’s 2 ways to enter…

Option 1: Pay2Ride
    Simple, you pay a fee yourself and you ride all day.
    Solo – £40
    Pair – £70
    Trio – £90

Option 2: Get Sponsored!
    We reckon that by asking for donations from your friends and family you can raise even more for people affected by cancer. Why not try and hit one of these sponsorship targets!
    Solo – £100
    Pair – £175
    Trio – £225

To reserve your place go to British Cycling. You’ll pay a £20 registration fee and bring the rest with you on the day of the event.

Registraion will start at 8am, so make sure you get up there bright and breezey.

If you’ve got any more questions, hit us up on Facebook, or call 07834 191 244 to speak to Marty, our event organiser.

Northwind

Ooh, that sounds properly ridiculous, hope I can make it.

“What bike for an XC race that’s also a downhill race” :mrgreen:

martymacmillan
    Free Member

It’s ridiculous, in a good way. And it’s not a race.

Seriously though, it’d be good banter on either bike. By going out and paying only marginally more than you’d normally pay for uplift you’re giving a nice chunk of money to charity and getting a good shred with like minded people thrown into the bargain.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BoardinBob

I’ve entered. Looking forward to it. My wife’s mum lost her four year battle with cancer in February of this year. The Macmillan nurses and staff were fantastic throughout and this is the perfect way for me to repay them. If anyone fancies sponsoring me:

http://www.justgiving.com/BobMillar78

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Macmillan Glencoe Endurance Challenge’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts