Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Macmillan coffee mornings
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Got one in the office today. I shall be eating a lot of cake in the name of a good cause today 🙂

tomd
    Free Member

Yep got one also, but half the office are out today so there is about 2 large cakes per person. On a massive sugar high right now!

footflaps

On a massive sugar high right now!

They should combine it with a Diabetes awareness session….

MoreCashThanDash

So far restricted myself to a Mr Kiplings apple pie, and a delicious chocolate brownie made by a colleagues wife.

The two great cake bakers in the office are both on leave today. Disappointed!

Yak

Done it at school drop-off already. Felt too early for cake though, so just a coffee and a donation.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

All the cakes looked a bit too sickly for my tastes this morn… which is strange ??

But threw my 2 quid in the box anyway.

And now thw sandwich man is here …. I’ll get some Thai Chicken soup instead …. Mmmmm

tiggs121
    Free Member

Just had scones and jam in the staffroom. Friend and teaching buddy died of Cancer 5 years ago – still badly missed.

jekkyl

I have donated but declined to have any cake since the people who are doing it are wearing ‘hygenic’ blue gloves but they are handling all the coins and cash and then handle the cake without changing the gloves. Eugh!

momo

Slice of choccy fudge deliciousness this morning and have a lovely bit of victoria sponge for the post lunch pick me up, well it is for charity after all!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Was in the oncology department on Wednesday, funnily enough its the first time we’ve been there when you couldn’t find a macmillan nurse for love nor money. Eventually found them all in the day unit scoffing cake.

slowoldman

We’ve had end to end Macmillans stuff all week at work. I’m not complaining – unless anyone tries to persuade me to be sober for October.

rascal
    Free Member

The missus has baked and I have brought loads of nice cakes in.
    Hoping the coffee afternoon is better than the coffee morning!
    C’mon you tight f@cks!

And I’m doing Sober For October – hope it’s worth it!

smatkins1
    Free Member

Thanks to Macmillan’s coffee morning today I have discovered Chocolate Fridge Cake!

I’ve sent this link to the misses and instated she whips up a batch this weekend!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chocolatefridgecake_74814

avdave2

Lets fight cancer with a crap diet! 🙂

monkeychild
    Free Member

I’m glad I don’t donate to them (let my family down massively) or it could be carnage.

40mpg

I whipped up some mini Victoria Sponges last night and a colleague did the gooiest choc cake ever. Feeling somewhat heavy now.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ppa5eg]Untitled[/url] by T*inbred, on Flickr

There’s only 7 of us in the office today, 1 diabetic, 2 on diets, 3 sensible – so that leaves me quite a task this afternoon 😀

mattsccm
    Free Member

I disapprove of the whole damn thing. The missus took 3 big cakes to work today. I know, as they are all middle aged women at her place of work, that they won’t be eaten yet will I get any? No.
    Its a plot because I am white, straight, married with no kids and an income to pay for my own house.
    And no bloody cake!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Working from home today.

is disappoint

DezB
    Free Member

Flapjack, massive slice of carrot cake, 2 cupcakes (given to family), slab of fruitcake and another slice, not sure what…

Served up by lovely young ladies us IT nerds never see. Worth a few quid of anyone’s dosh 😀

rascal
    Free Member

Well the PM was better than the AM.
    What with the poster quiz I came home with £74…the wife came home with £85.
    Gotta be happy with that! 😀

ourmaninthenorth

Sod’s law: I started a diet this week, so passed on the amazing looking cakes and just gave them a fiver. Good show.

tomd
    Free Member

Being a fairly multicultural office I made a spanish orange cake, but the cake of the day was someone’s Armenian Nutmeg Cake. A complete revelation, never knew we had anyone from Armernia but it was like a combination of Grasmere gingerbread cake and a peacan tart. Amazing.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Mrs coolhandluke and our daughter spent quite some time making cakes, I’m working away and not back until Friday evening and they didn’t even save me one, gutted.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Macmillan coffee mornings’ is closed to new replies.