Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mac/Ipad photo sharing question
  • Alex

Even as a bit of an apple fan the whole iCloud sharing thing messes with my head. Problem we have is limited bandwidth so if my daughter wants our holiday pics on her iPod, can I do this directly without having to export them to iCloud? I have them on my mac, her iPod is recognised as a import device in photos but not obvious way to export. My options seems to be

1) airdrop – that’d take a while with 500+ photos!
    2) Export to a shared drive as jpegs and she can import to her mac and then upload to her iPod (although not sure that’s going to work)
    3) She’s already in the ‘family sharing’ group so could just tag them for iCloud sharing and both her mac and iPod will pick them up. Problem with that is how long it’ll take!

Am I missing anything?

jam-bo

airdrop is suprisingly fast.

somouk
    Free Member

Unfortunately most services rely on a fast internet connection.

I use my Synology NAS locally with its photo app meaning that any devices that sync when at home do so over the local network and not over the internet.

Alex

Ta might go airdrop… not helped by daughter not upgrading her mac so currently still has iPhoto on it. Kids today…

@som – how do you set that up as we have an Apple Express here with 3TB of storage…

ade9933
    Free Member

The photo sharing on apple is quite fun. We got the kids ipods recently and it’s like having our own private FB group with them posting their pics and comments.

Obvs the first 150 will take a bot of time.

Think there are other services too flickr etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mac/Ipad photo sharing question’ is closed to new replies.