Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Machynlleth – Where to park?
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Planning on doing Mach 3 and climax trails this sat but can't find any info on where to park. Is there a specific forestry commission car park or do people just park in Machynlleth?

Where do the routes start from?

Thank you, Matt

Craggyjim
    Free Member

Have a look here. Not sure about Mach123 but the Climax trail has a car park at the bottom. Map shown on the linked webpage.

tonyd

I rode this about 4-5 years ago (not long after it opened?) so memory is vague, but there was a small area off the road near the trail head where you could park a few cars maybe.

We parked in Machynlleth and rode out to it, it's a few miles each way, perhaps a little more. That way you've got an excuse to visit the chippy afterwards!

Couldn't give you directions now but if you google it I'm sure you'll find it

pistonbroke
    Free Member

There's a massive carpark behind the leisure centre in the middle of Mach which you get to by turning off the Newtown road opposite the Holey Trail shop. Not sure if there are charges but also beware if you have a roofrack on that the height restrictor is not closed. Mach 3 can be found by cycling out of town past the Co-op and turning right by the tyre garage towards Forge then right again in Forge. If you are going on Saturday, call in the Holey Trail for a map or speak to Tegid. The Climax trail is a few miles N of Mach near the Centre for Alternative Technology, park at the trailhead as advised earlier.

Russell96

Big car park in Mach, perfect start finish for the Mach 3, nice little warm up out to the CliMachx

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=274752&Y=300695&A=Y&Z=110

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I gave money to the public car park in the town. doing my bit for the local economy i guess.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Excellent, thank you everyone.

Kahurangi

Agreed, park in the main car park off Maengwyn St. then you've got the handy Holey Trail (great shop) for the shoes/wheel you've left behind and cafes for post-ride munching.

Lots of art & galleries in town too, if that's your thing.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Mach has the best kebab shop in the world. Get a big one and a can of ale and sit in the gutter or look through the shop windows. They will be shut.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Machynlleth – Where to park?’ is closed to new replies.