Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Machynlleth, any good?
  • AndyPaice
    Free Member

Hopefully going to Machynlleth this week, anyone got comments comparing it to Cwmcarn / CyB / Llandegla etc?

Also how do you find the centre? the location map only shows the town centre and there is no postcode or directions to the actual trail centre on the mtb wales website?

Anyone got the postcode or some directions?

cheers

shinsplints

Its ace.Well,Climachx is.About 10x better than Llandegla.Drop into the Holey Trail in Mach & pick up a map,its on the main road out of town towards Corris.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Sounds good. Can you park right at the start of the trails or do you have to park in town?

shinsplints

Nope,theres parking at the trail head & its free !
    Climachx has my fave descent of all the Welsh trail centres.You'll see what I mean when you get to the bottom.Just watch out for the arrow,again,you'll know what I mean when you get there ! I am friends with a few of the local riders from Towyn & Mach – see if you can clear the rocks & slabs at the beginning of the last descent.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

There is parking at the start of the trail for the Climachxs.

The other routes are all from the town itself, big carpark in the middle is handy.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

It is a good descent that one – rode it through luck rather than skill a while back, got to the bottom… paused for breath… and my back tyre spontaniously exploded!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Cli-machx is very good, just expect long, long fire road climbs but a great descent.(there is a cut-thru the locals do to get them on to 'the good stuff') Pad-up as the slate is angled just right for a one-way trip to the local health centre if you get it wrong. It's unfair to class Mach with other trails in the 'area' as they are all different. If you get a chance go to Nant-yr-Arian, it's my favourite in Wales as it mixes everything well, forest, slate, open space etc.

The lads at the Holy Trail in Mach are terrific, very helpful.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

All sounding interesting 🙂

cheers for the info

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I've done Mach 2 and Climach-x

mach 2 was a natural xc route which I didn't find all that fun
    Climach-x is worth doing for the final descent. great fun

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Machynlleth, any good?’ is closed to new replies.