Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Machine Head, Glasgow, Anybody else going?
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Second time this year. Excited.

*Usual ramblings about booking fees and DISGRACEFUL subsidiary offers*

Anybody going ?

ernie

Saw them in Newport about 10yrs ago. It was a mental gig. And my car got broken into. That was the last time I had a night out in Newport.

Northwind

Not sure. Love ’em but the new album stuff doesn’t seem to be much good so far , waiting for the album to come out with a bit of finger crossing…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cfinnimore
    Free Member

Fair bit of the same feeling here but after the Liquid Rooms gig which blew me away I’m going for hopefully a decent live set rather than a new album play through.

They’re going in a “simpler” direction apparently.

bigyinn
    Free Member

[translation] Machine Head have jumped onto yet ANOTHER style bandwagon [\translation]
    Burn My Eyes was their pinnacle if you ask me.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I like Machine Head and they’re always good live, but I wasn’t sure about the last album.

Burn My Eyes is still the best one, although I really like the More Things Change. I’m quite partial to the Burning Red too – I know they got slaughtered for the Nu metal approcah but Rob Flynn has always been into hip hop (look at the extra songs on TMTC).

The less said about Supercharger the better I think.

Davidian will always get a pit moving.

Northwind

The cool thing about Machine Head is you’ll always find someone who loves album X and hates album Y- I’m not much of a fan of anything after Blackening but it’s just because it’s different, not because it’s bad. It’s not like, oh purely as a random example, Metallica 😉

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Just listened to Burning Red it’s bloody awful apart from “Lies”. Doesnt age well.. message in a bottle….

Locust for the win.

Gig is worth it for Davidian, Imperium + hopefully Call to Arms alone.

Northwind

Message In a Bottle is properly rotten… but Desire To Fire and From This Day! That “dare to fail” got its hooks into me good and proper.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Desire to Fire is indeed a good tune. Message in a Bottle was ropey but it was released when covering those kind of songs was cool…like the death metal version of Sweet Like Chocolate.

They do some good Maiden covers as part of their encore too.

After the Blackening, Locust is a step back to my ears at least (title track is good though) but done of it sounds like fillet.

Northwind

I think that was the only thing wrong with the last gig- no covers section. The bit in the set when half the crowd lose their shit, and the other half stand around looking confused 😆

mutley

Bristol for me. Saw them at Bloodstock last year, bloody brilliant. Superb live band 😀

Kuco

Didn’t know they were still going. Went years ago with a mate to watch them as he had a spare ticket, I was black and blue the following day after spending most of the night in the mosh pit but it was a bloody good night.

Have fun 😀

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Love how people always state their opinion as fact when it comes to music!

I’ll be there, dragging my wife along, and Ill love every bit of it 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Machine Head, Glasgow, Anybody else going?’ is closed to new replies.