Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 352 total)
  • machete attack in woolwich london (bbc news atm)
  • racefaceec90

sounds pretty horrific http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Sounds pretty horrific from what they’re saying on the news 😯

verticalclimber
    Free Member

contentious i know but we shoot the culprits and then try to save their lives. yes i know its makes us as bad as them if we dont but stop pussy footing around when its clearly obvious whats happend

robdixon
    Free Member

R4 are saying it was Islamic militants who attacked a soldier and decapitated him whilst shouting “Allah Akbar” or “god is greatest”.

yossarian
    Free Member

contentious i know but we shoot the culprits and then try to save their lives. yes i know its makes us as bad as them if we dont but stop pussy footing around when its clearly obvious whats happend

I wouldn’t call that contentious

Wookster

vertical climber – Member

But that’s what makes us who we are, and is what in the end we fight for, if we lose that then “they” win.

Drac

It’s for intelligence the dead can’t tell you anything

jekkyl

There can be only one!

jesus I would never live in London.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Even if we still had the death penalty the decision to ‘sentence’ the criminals would be left to the courts and not the police.

As for being clearly obvious what happened. Do we know if they form a small part of a larger organisation, was it a random attack or planned, if planned are there likely to be more in the pipeline. The answers to these and many other questions will be easier to answer if the people that carried out the attack are still alive.

zilog6128

But that’s what makes us who we are, and is what in the end we fight for, if we lose that then “they” win.

er, no, not really.

Bazz

Any news on the deceased unit yet? Last i heard my old battalion was based there. Bloody awful though regardless.

v8ninety

Shoot to stop, not to kill. We are better than them. That said, if they die as a result of the reasonable and proportional force applied, meh.

Thoughts for those who have lost a loved one.

jon1973
    Free Member

Shocking. Some of the footage they’re showing on ITV isn’t very appropriate for this time of night. They’ve just shown one of the suspects wielding a bloody machete talking to the camera.

IanW
    Free Member

I quite like the French approach to religion and the fruicakes that it attracts.

CountZero

Early reports said the victim was wearing a ‘Help For Heros’ tee, and the assailants drove a car at him first, before going at him with the blades. The attack, as jon1973 says, was allegedly being filmed as it took place, then the Police shot them. They’re currently undergoing hospital treatment.
    I hope without anaesthetic.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Genuine non trolling question. What is it that defines this as a terrorist attack rather than a murder?

jon1973
    Free Member

What is it that defines as a terrorist attack rather than a murder?

I was interested in this. Some of the footage I’ve just seem of the suspect with the machete (now with audio and his face visible) seems to suggest it was some sort of anti-government ‘protest’.

wrecker
    Free Member

RIP gunner. Awful thing.
    Tragically, nobbers like the BNP and EDL will probably benefit from this.

maccruiskeen

Genuine non trolling question. What is it that defines this as a terrorist attack rather than a murder?

It appears they filmed (and therefore planned to broadcast) the attack, and it was performed in broad daylight, and seemingly with no attempt to flee the scene – as they were intercepted by the police yards from the scene. That would be done with a view to spreading fear. Its (seemingly) a terror attack and a murder in the sense that you could intend to acheive the same or similar terror without actually murdering anyone.

If you look at the previous IRA campaigns attacks were often accompanied by last minute warnings, acheiving the terror without necessarily the murder, even though the attacks were potentially deadly

v8ninety

Sobering reading; if a slightly abrasive vernacular. From liveleak.

May 22st, 2013 -PERSON DEAD WITHOUT A HEAD CONFIRMED FOR BRITISH SOLIDER. TWO SOMALIANS CRITICALLY INJURED.

One man is reported dead and two others injured amid reports of a shooting incident close to the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich this afternoon.One witness reported seeing a man beheaded in the street in an attack by two men.

The report also said that police officers opened fire after the attack in John Wilson Street in Woolwich.

There were reports that shots were fired after an apparent sword attack near the army base.

Pictures posted on Twitter appear to show two men lying on the road in Woolwich.

The air ambulance landed at the scene and paramedics treated victims in the street.

David Dixon, the head of Mulgrave Primary School, told the BBC that he walked out of the school gates and saw a body lying in the street. “We shut all the gates and made sure all the children were inside,” he said.

Mr Dixon also confirmed hearing gunshots.

The Metropolitan police would only say officers had been called to reports of ‘an assault’ on John Wilson Street.

Wellington Street has been sealed off and an air ambulance has arrived on the scene.

John Wilson Street is currently shut in both directions between Artillery Place and New Ferry Approach.

Twitter user Boya Dee writes an account of the incident online. These details have not yet been verified.

He wrote: ‘Ohhhhh myyyy God!!!! I just see a man with his head chopped off right in front of my eyes!

‘Oh my God!!!! The way Feds took them out!!! It was a female police officer she come out the whip and just started bussssin shots!!

‘Mate ive seen alot of s*** im my time but that has to rank sumwhere in the top 3. I couldnt believe my eyes. That was some movie s***.’

The two black bredas run this white guy over over then hop out the car and start chopping mans head off with machete!!

‘People were asking whyyy whyyy they were just saying we’ve had enough! They looked like they were on sutn! Then they start waving a recolver

‘Then boydem turn up!! Woolwich feds didnt want it… They had to wait for armed response.. Helicopters everyting…

‘Then thats how u know they were on sutn cos they actually went for armed feds with just two machete and an old rusty lookin revolver

‘The first guy goes for the female fed with the machete and she not even ramping she took man out like robocop never seen nutn like it

‘Then the next breda try buss off the rusty 45 and it just backfires and blows mans finger clean off… Feds didnt pet to just take him out!!

rainbow
    Free Member

RIP to the poor chap

Bloody animals!!

MrSmith
    Free Member

jesus I would never live in London

what makes you think your chances of succumbing to a machete attack are less in any other conurbation?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

RIP gunner. Awful thing.

indeed, this will ramp up attacks on those who are perceived as ‘alien’– pretty sure the perpetrators wouldn’t give a hoot about that 🙁

atlaz
    Free Member

‘Mate ive seen alot of s*** im my time but that has to rank sumwhere in the top 3. I couldnt believe my eyes. That was some movie s***.’

What the **** has this person seen that is worse/stranger than some poor bloke being decapitated in the street then the perpetrators being shot by police?

what makes you think your chances of succumbing to a machete attack are less in any other conurbation?

Pretty sure the chances are statistically almost zero in any UK city as you suggest (including London). Sadly you don’t want to be the “almost”

v8ninety

wrecker – Member
    RIP gunner. Awful thing.
    POSTED 7 MINUTES AGO

And…….

Rainbow – member
    RIP to the poor chap, but it make you wonder what this country is going to turn out, it’s Broken Britain now!
    Time to close the border gates and stop these people who hate English people and our culture in here.
    Bloody animals!!

….there you go.

Edit; ninja edit fail

project
    Free Member

Lots of similar stuff has happened before, machete attacks, people being deliberately targeted, persons being shot on the street by the police, sometimes as innocents.

Massive overhyping by the media again.

Just perhaps some of the interviewed people could be assesed before theyre put live on tv.

But condolances to the dead mans family,and freinds and do they really need this broadcast live.

soobalias
    Free Member

a very large minority in this country would be well advised to get and keep off the streets tonight.

quartz
    Free Member

a very large minority in this country would be well advised to get and keep off the streets tonight.

Who, and why?

LeeW

RIP to the poor guy, what an awful way to go. Condolences to his family.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Who, and why?

charity chuggers? people carrying guns and machetes? people who can’t engage their brains when using the internet after reading a sensational news item?

atlaz
    Free Member

Given the prior for morons beating up people nothing to do with a specific minority (not saying it was justified just it was their reason) I’m not sure I’d put bets on anyone bent on “revenge” against “them” doing anything other than being thugs. They’d be thugs anyway, just tonight they’re pretending they have a reason for their **** – ish behaviour

vanilla83
    Free Member

Reports of controlled explosion due to take place soon on “suspect package” according to C4 news and other media sources.

tyger
    Free Member

Makes me feel sad for his family, fellow soldiers and friends 🙁

peterfile
    Free Member

I don’t know what disturbs me more, this attack or the reaction it has caused among my “friends” on faceplantbook 😕

mrchrispy

You don’t mean left handers do you….they are a minority and there is a awful lot of them.
    I know a few and I’m worried now

quartz
    Free Member

charity chuggers? people carrying guns and machetes?

Chuggers, I’d agree with you on.

people who can’t engage their brains when using the internet after reading a sensational news item?

That would be fantastic. The streets would be half empty. Could we not impose such restrictions permanently?

v8ninety – Member

Point scoring at its worst.

RIP the victim to this horrific attack

Kryton57

Rip to that chap, terrible. And yes, this isn’t only in London this happens

soobalias – Member

One of the most ignorant things you could have said, there’s laws against inciting a riot you fool.

mrmo
    Free Member

Who, and why?

do you really have to ask?

I do wonder about terrorism and murder and war, on the day they announce that a man is to be charged with Horseguards. Was the IRA a war for freedom or terrorism?

As they say the winners write the history books.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Who, and why?

I expect he means anyone that’s looks like they may appear to be a muslim. There’s a fair chance of some equally deranged white supremacist nut job going out looking for revenge.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 352 total)

The topic ‘machete attack in woolwich london (bbc news atm)’ is closed to new replies.