Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mach 1,2,3 and Cli-machx trail
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Anyone tell me how to find the above trails from the centre of Machynlleth ?
    Are there signs, I guess the first point of call would be the Holy Trail bike shop but if arriving in town after closing, where are the routes ?

Can you ride from the centre of town etc ?
    Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks

simon1975

Machs I to III are way-marked from the town. I rode them for the first time this spring and would recommend you get a map from the bike shop or internet in case you miss any of the markers on the route. The Pink and Orange markers are rather faded and it’s sometimes difficult to make out which one refers to which route.

And if you have a proper map you can make up some extensions or variations to suit.

Climachx is out of town (“trail centre” type of riding), but you can ride there quite easily from Machynlleth if you want!

EDIT: info here, including links to routes
    http://www.dyfimountainbiking.org.uk/Dyfi_MTB/Welcome.html

timmys

The Mach 1, 2, 3 start from the centre of Machynlleth. There are waymark arrows but you’ll still need a map.

Cli-machx is a couple of miles to the north of Machynlleth but there is a cycle route to it (not done it myself so someone else will have to help you).

There are more details here; http://www.dyfimountainbiking.org.uk/Dyfi_MTB/Welcome.html

And some larger maps that might help;

Mach 1, 2, 3 With this plus a OS map you should be able to work it out.

Cli-machx

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

As said above, if you’re going to do the 1, 2 or 3 then take an OS map. I’ve met people who were just using the printed map (from the Holy Trail) … some of them were 12 miles off course!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cli-machx is a couple of miles to the north of Machynlleth but there is a cycle route to it (not done it myself so someone else will have to help you).

Easy ride to get there. Head North out of town, under the railway. When you reach the river, turn right along the trail on the southern bank. Left at the next bridge over the river, then turn right, back towards the river and on to the B4404, take the first left on to a B road which runs up towards the CAT. Turn right at Ceinws up to the trailhead.

nice to ride back as well, a nice wind down ride.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Cheers everyone.
    Is the cli-machx trail head marked at any main roads / junctions etc or is it simply drive / ride around until you find it ?

First visit will be in the dark so need to know how to pedal there from town ??

Thanks

timmys

I can’t really remember about signage, don’t think there’s much.

The traihead is at the tip of the arrow, with the the trail starting as a climb up the fireroad under the arrow (in the opposite direction to the way the arrow’s pointing);

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=276024&y=306380&z=115&sv=276024,306380&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=718&ax=276024&ay=306380&lm=0

soobalias
    Free Member

first time i rode climachx i missed bits left right and centre – good luck doing it in the dark.

still if you miss every possible turning from the fireroad climb, you will arrive at the final descent, just a whole lot quicker than you expect

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mach 1,2,3 and Cli-machx trail’ is closed to new replies.