Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 260 total)
  • Macca on vegetarianism
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

and yet they recommend how much fruit and veg we should eat per day and not how much meat

Soon they will gather in herds for protection and the oldest and slowest will be devoured by solo atkinsonsian evolved meat eaters

I think they will have a heart attack before they catch me…its either that or I become wind powered or I am able to produce enough wind to knock them out

RustySpanner

Milk production is just as big a cause of cruelty to cattle as meat production, if anybody is motivated by the cruelty issue.

Kevevs
    Free Member

those Beanfeasts produce so much stinky windpower it’s unhealthy. Soya is not the way forward!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be fair, the future is bleaker for meat eaters.

Kevevs
    Free Member

What does that mean DD? meat eaters always have the option of converting to non-meat eating. and the pure and righteous moralising that goes with it.

tazzymtb

To be fair, the future is bleaker for meat eaters.

yep they’d have to eat stringy miserable vegetarians 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t see any moralising from veggies Kevevs. Just meat-eaters getting a bit of siliconosus vaginitis, like yourself.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Milk production is just as big a cause of cruelty to cattle as meat production,

Bollocks.

Meat is delicious. That’s a good enough reason to eat it and indeed base every meal around it.

convert

The best thing about this thread is the OP is not a vegetarian but is still getting grief for being a righteous moralising yoghurt knitter for advocating that omnivores don’t have to make meat the focal point of every meal. Good for your health, good for your wallet and better for the planet*. Seems like win, win, win to me. But as an ex veggie that selectively eats a bit of meat in his diet I would say that.

* large quantities of generalisation may have been used in this statement.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I like your idea tazzy.
    I’m off to fit a spear to my bike. 😀

emac65
    Free Member

Always amazes me why anyone would even care what other people choose to eat,unless you’re the one picking up the bill for it………….

tazzymtb

I agree with emac65 chap, just chill and accept that some people like different things 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

the pure and righteous moralising that goes with it.

and we are off

Bollocks.

and the well reasoned argument of the meat eaters start of

every thread always the same irrate meat eater getting upset at veggies [ who really dont care what you eat] whilst insisting we moralise

Kevevs
    Free Member

OK, that was a bit much. you didn’t explain why the future is bleaker for meat eaters though DD

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bollocks.

No, not really. Spanner McRusty makes a valid enough point which is why the likes of JY can justifiably occupy the higher moral tor than say, a dairy & egg eating veggie. It’s just the degree of cruelty involved that’s in debate and how cruel one believes it to be is going to vary from individual to individual depending on his or her own moral compass wrt how we view the role of animals on the planet. *

* I’m possibly moralising now, so apologies to Kevevs. 😀

tazzymtb

to be fair junky, there are some on silly track who don’t need any particular subject matter, they can moralise and get offended and report posts and sulk about pretty much anything… I’m sure they could even turn a “what tyre” thread into an exercise in righteous indignation. 😀

you are all a bit weird really.

tazzymtb

how we view the role of animals on the planet.

as a cuddly, fluffy moving buffet lunch neatly wrapped in useful things like fur and skin.

*dons rabbit fur posing pouch whilst munching on a raw seal puppy sandwich*

MrSmith
    Free Member

If vegetarians are that bothered about animal welfare/cruelty why don’t they perform the ultimate sacrifice for their cause and kill themselves? (then buried in a recycled cardboard coffinn for fertiliser not burned)
    Their very existence no matter how Puritan has an affect on the welfare and environment of animals that their blinkered hypocritical views fails to acknowledge.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Another case of siliconosus vaginitis. It must be spread in the food chain amongst meat eaters.

tazzymtb

(then buried in a recycled cardboard coffin for fertiliser not burned)

sorry, that’s a waste of resources, bodies would go much better in an Anaerobic digester used to produce bio-gas for energy generation, although to be fair the calorific value of fatty meat eaters would be more useful. 😀

uselesshippy
    Free Member

All this reminds me of a joke…
    What the difference between a jew and a muslim?
    Who gives a shit..
    More bacon for me. 😀
    Awaits the ban hammer.

tazzymtb

Another case of siliconosus vaginitis

to be fair DD most of the manginas on show, are that uptight no sand would enter. Now you on the other hand are baggier than a wizards sleeve and could fit half a beach in there 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Awaits the ban hammer.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be fair tazzy, the amount of hot air you’re blowing on this thread alone would heat my house for a week. 😉

simon67
    Free Member

Their very existence no matter how Puritan has an affect on the welfare and environment of animals that their blinkered hypocritical views fails to acknowledge.

Blimey, someone got out of bed on the wrong side!

Jamie
    Free Member

Probably sleeps in a hamhock.

*coughs*

grum
    Free Member

Every day it seems.

If vegetarians are that bothered about animal welfare/cruelty why don’t they perform the ultimate sacrifice for their cause and kill themselves? (then buried in a recycled cardboard coffinn for fertiliser not burned)

Yes, because taking things to ludicrous extremes is always a good way to make an argument. The suggestion that unless you lead a totally ethically perfect lifestyle you may as well not care about anything is equally clever and insightful.

tazzymtb

To be fair tazzy, the amount of hot air you’re blowing on this thread alone would heat my house for a week.

hot air? moi? nah I don’t care one way or t’other darling. I’m very much of the “life is too short to get hung up about what others do” persuasion.

EDIt: unless it’s an orange 5 rider with gears, in which case they should be used as sausage meat. 😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

ok, I’ll dig a hole. It’s true that mest eaters always have the option to choose not to eat meat. I have thought hard about it. Loads of those animals hanging about on farms etc waiting to die are there cos we choose to eat them. They would not exist or have a life otherwise. They are not there for recreational purposes. I doubt sheep or cows wouldn’t even exist if it was not for humans wanting to munch on them.

MrSmith
    Free Member

The suggestion that unless you lead a totally ethically perfect lifestyle you may as well not care about anything is equally clever and insightful.

Thanks Hun xxx 😳

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well bugger off and talk about tattoos and goths and shit then tazzy. This thread is for uptight moralising only. Blasé fleckers like you ain’t welcome. 😛

tazzymtb

*blows kiss at DD*

tazzymtb

I doubt sheep or cows wouldn’t even exist if it was not for humans wanting to munch on them.

if clouded leopards tasted good in a burger, we’d have loads more of them as well. Instead of sponsoring endangered species and getting a fluffy toy we should farm them. be loads of the tasty little blighters in no time at all.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

EDIt: unless it’s an orange 5 rider with gears, in which case they should be used as sausage meat.

You know, if you’re not busy next weekend, we could use one another for sausage meat. 💡

Kevevs
    Free Member

UPTIGHT MORALISING ONLY!! mmmn, clouded leapard meat.

tazzymtb

You know, if you’re not busy next weekend, we could use one another for sausage meat.

edit: just deleted my comment as i’ll get reported and told off by the mods (again) for making remarks that while totally respectable and no more saucy than that of fankie howard seem to upset fine upstanding folks

oh hang on, I said upstanding…snigger….

Kevevs
    Free Member

post it Tazzy, go on go on go on…

RustySpanner

whatnobeer – Member

Bollocks.

Meat is delicious. That’s a good enough reason to eat it and indeed base every meal around it.

No, it’s true.
    Do a bit of research before spouting off.

I’m a meat eater btw.
    Personal choice.
    Currently having a bit of a rethink about it, but at the moment, I eat meat and use animal products.
    The only serious reason why I do so is my own selfishness.
    I’d love to be able to come up with something that could justify it, but I’m rapidly coming to the conclusion that morally I’m on a very sticky wicket indeed.

Brother and sister in law both work for the Vegitarian Society, but I can’t really discuss the issue with them because they just get a bit arsey and judgemental about the whole thing.

These threads should be good because, hopefully we can get a full range of opinions without being offensive to each other.

Not really working this time, is it?

Jamie
    Free Member

oh hang on, I said upstanding…snigger…

…and by upstanding, he means penis.

Kevevs
    Free Member

well, I’m totally open minded about it RS. It’s interesting stuff to think about. But, Like you, I like meat.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 260 total)

The topic ‘Macca on vegetarianism’ is closed to new replies.