Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Macc Forest Charity lane – any snow?
  • jekkyl

We’re heading over to mac forrest tomorrow, anyone been very recently and is there snow down Charity lane?

vickypea
    Free Member

Hi, not been up there for a couple of weeks but I’d say it’s likely there’s still a bit up there though it should be rideable. I was up there a few weeks ago when there was no hint of a snowflake in Macc but loads of snow on Charity Lane, though it was mostly confined to the flat bit before the descent.

jekkyl

Thanks Vicky. 🙂

Bregante

I was up there a fortnight ago and there was very little snow left and what there was was mainly to the left against the wall.it was all totally rideable if a little icy in places but I’d guess that it will be much the same icewise at the moment.

vickypea
    Free Member

I’ve done a few Peak District rides in the past couple of weeks – very little snow in most places although quite a lot above Hayfield on Sunday.

fathomer

This is good news, contemplating the STW route from a couple of months ago on Sunday. Assume it’s worth the 90 minute drive?

pallyally
    Free Member

None tonight

vickypea
    Free Member

That STW route is my local ride as I live really close by, so I’m biased but I love that route. Charity Lane, Bottom of the Oven, and Cumberland Brook are my favourite bits.

jekkyl

Ty ally.
    We’re catching the train up from Stoke & to mix it up a bit we’re cycling up the old Buxton road and will drop over teggs nose to pick up the road that runs up to charity lane rather than the killer hill through the forest. Hopefully the weather won’t be horrendous.

banks
    Free Member

One of my local routes too, can play about in the woods after too.

There’s probably snow & ice about but nothing life threatening unless your one those people who swap tyres pending on the weather…

Macc forest loop is pretty much all weather option, even in proper deep snow. May be a bit chilly up on the cat & fiddle mind

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Macc Forest Charity lane – any snow?’ is closed to new replies.