Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Macbooks – well that one slipped me by
  • samuri
    Free Member

Where the hell was all the pomp and ceremony? I was waiting for Steve Jobs’s hologram to announce to the world the update was here and everything in our lives would be better now.

New macbook came out, old one just seems to have disappeared. I was hoping to pick up one of the older ones cheap but they just appear to have gone.

Anyway, new one is here now. Slightly faster processor, slightly bigger hard drive, errm that’s it. Thanks for telling me to wait till June. I feel all flacid now.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

What? If the only upgrades are bigger hdd and a faster processor pomp and ceremony would be a bit over the top, no?

There’s a few refurbished macbook airs and pros on the apple site. But the plain old macbook has gone for good. Plenty second hand ones on ebay?

vinnyeh

What you on about? Thought WWDC, with expectation of big Macbook pro updates, was in a few days. Or are you posting from a time warp- white Macbook’s been gone for years?

winrya
    Free Member

New ons are being announced 11th of June?

samuri
    Free Member

pomp and ceremony would be a bit over the top, no?

This is apple we’re talking about. Things have definately gone downhill since Steve left.

The mac forums and websites were all getting hugely excited about the new macbook. Loads of speculation about the new display and thunderbird 3 being inside it.

I expect that once I do buy one they’ll stop being the coolest thing ever. 😉

samuri
    Free Member

Or are you posting from a time warp- white Macbook’s been gone for years?

This. 😉 I was reading an undated article that I took to be up to date.

As you were.

CountZero

Wasn’t that just an interim upgrade?

maccruiskeen

I was reading an undated article that I took to be up to date.

Woppit has an amusing anecdote about that 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

I think Samurai needs a lie down. He’s come over all funny…and not the good kind.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Macbooks – well that one slipped me by’ is closed to new replies.