Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • MacBookPro : Stupidrive
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

So, this bloody Macbook, it’ll read CD’s (occasionally) and write CD’s (even more occasionally) but it flatly refuses to read DVD’s of any sort, just spits them back out. (as it does with CD’s occasionally).

I’m unlikly to be visiting the iDiotBar anytime in the near future, I’ve reset the PRAM and the other hold down the power button with battery & mains unplugged for 5 mins but still no joy.

Tried looking on the net but to be honest I’ve had about a gut full of this device, HELP!

and no Elfin, you can’t 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Get one of those DVD/CD lens cleaner discs, might help. If you are in warranty still, I would make the time to go to a *gags* genius bar.

….saying that superdrives are the biggest oxymoron going. Had one replaced as stopped burning discs and the replacement lasted 2 months and won’t burn for shit. Just spits the disc out. Matshita drives are well…clues in the name.

woody2000

Sorry 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

What Woody posted.

😆

Jamie
    Free Member

So let me get this straight. Dude has problems with his computer, and the in thing is to laugh at him?

So if someone had a wheel fold on their bike the same principle would apply?

woody2000

Easy now, get your pants out of your crack. Did you miss the 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

Not done it myself, but google came up with this:

http://fastmac.com/downloads/macbook_superdrive.pdf

Looks like a decent guide.

Most laptops are a PITA for this reason IMHO. 😡

D0NK

I’m still waiting for apple to bring out the new improved superduperdrive

molgrips
    Free Member

So if someone had a wheel fold on their bike the same principle would apply?

If they had been going on and on ad nauseum about how utterly bombproof and fabulous their wheels are, it would yes. However I can’t remember if MrNutt himself had been joining in with the smart-arse fanboi brigade on the PC threads, so I’m saying nothing 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Easy now, get your pants out of your crack. Did you miss the

Nah I did not miss it. Just something that bugs me is all.

As you were everyone.

brassneck

It’s ****. I had more or less the same trouble, had it repaired under warranty. Mine was an early Pro (Core2 2.33 15″) and I seem to remember at the time it was resonably common – maybe a bad batch of superduperpooperscooper drives?

I also managed to talk Apple into doing a courier collect/return once I found out what the slightly less than stellar ww warranty gave.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

and no Elfin, you can’t

What? I ‘aven’t said nuffink! 😯

Can I have it please?

So let me get this straight. Dude has problems with his computer, and the in thing is to laugh at him?

If it’s Nutt, it’s actually a legal obligation.

MrNutt
    Free Member

nope I’m no apple/pc fanboi, all computers are retarded in my extensive experience they are ALL compromises wrapped up in glib marketing shite promising bananas but delivering dog eggs.

After the last logic board (out of warranty FOC replacement) that Apple finally agreed to fix I think I may just visit the iDiotbar and bludgeon to death the smuggest one I see.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can I come and hlep with the bludgeoning? I’ll bring me Mac Pro; nowt wrong with it actually, but it’ll make one hell of a bludgeoning weapon (weighs 20 kg)! 😀

Hi ho, hi ho,
    A bludgeoning we shall go
    Ti tum ti tum ti tum ti tum,
    Hi ho, hi ho hi ho hi ho…

MrNutt
    Free Member

I preferred you when you were bitter, twisted and unbetrothed!

This repel against the fault ridden consumerist temple of Jobs is in danger of turning into sounding like the seven dwarfs meet the bloody hobbit!

This woman’s no good for you, what happened to you man, you used to be alright 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

all computers are retarded in my extensive experience they are ALL compromises

Why? What would you like them to do?

(serious and interesting question)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What you on about Nutt? Why can’t you bear to see me happy? 😥

We don’t care what the World thinks of us. So there!

MrNutt
    Free Member

What would you like them to do?

Cure cancer, Invent a dog that only needed walking on pleasant days, stop arguments at the press of the space bar and uplift me on every hill. FOR STARTERS!

and as for you Effin, its not natural!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yes it is.

MrNutt
    Free Member

only in Norfolk.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve never been to Norfolk so shut up.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

MrNutt

How old is your Macbook?

Have you thought about replacing the SD yourself?

MrSmith
    Free Member

take it to a local apple authorised reseller/repair center.
    no need to go to the idiot bar

MrNutt
    Free Member

2.2 core 2 duo, yes I could replace it myself, although the iDiot bar can do it as its only just out of warranty and I’m fxxked if I’m paying!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘MacBookPro : Stupidrive’ is closed to new replies.