Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • macbook wifi issues
  • iDave
    Free Member

macbook sometimes it can't find the wifi, sometimes it can pick up wifi but thinks there is no connection to the internet. its saying it either hasn't got an IP address or has a self selected IP address and can't connect to the internet??? netbook and smartphone are fine. tried rebooting, re-searching. if i connect a network cable to the wireless router it works? any ideas?

Jamie
    Free Member

Try changing the broadcast channel on the router? My Macbook Pro sometimes is a bit sketchy on the wifi due to being a bit too far away from what is a fairly underpowered router and interference from neighbours routers does not help. Incidentally what router is it?

iDave
    Free Member

it's a dlink router, never had an issue with range before

SammyC
    Free Member

My Belkin router didn't like Macs, needed a firmware update and now it loves them! I, of course, just blamed the filthy Macs! 😉

STATO
    Free Member

I had trouble getting my network to work happily at first, wouldnt work with anything other than the PC. Even netbooks and laptops didnt like it. In the end i reset the router and all the laptops/macs/pc's (so they didnt use saved passwords etc.) and it all works fine now.

iDave
    Free Member

its worked fine for months. just doesn't like it now for some reason. a couple of times it's worked after switching all off, then 2 mins later its dies again. other devices still pick up the wifi and work. damn.

grievoustim
    Free Member

my mac works better if I have the router set to give it a "reserved" IP address – otherwise it would clash with my work laptop/ iPod touch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘macbook wifi issues’ is closed to new replies.