Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Macbook or Macbook Pro?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Macbook with 2Gb – £849
    Macbook with 4Gb – £899
    Macbook Pro with 4Gb – £999

Only the Pro has Firewire which presumably will make it easier to transfer my data from a Mac Mini?

scottyjohn
    Free Member

pro defo

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks – why?

MrSmith
    Free Member

pro. unibody construction illuminated keys (didn’t realise how useful until i tried it)
    had macbooks before wouldn’t go back to plastic.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

macbook pro here, and have had both.

as above really unibody + the key thing is a bonus i dint think i needed until i had it.

And if your quick theres a 4gb unibody refurb for £849 on apple.com

mrmo
    Free Member

i have a 13″pro and after using ibooks in the past this is much nicer. There is only one thing i dislike and it isn’t a major failing is the sharp edges. It does dig into my wrists sometimes. The clamshell due to its curves was much nicer in this respect.

DavidB
    Free Member

Another pro vote. I’ve had both, macbook case plastic chipped a little. Pro is rock solid and looks beaut

glenh
    Free Member

The aluminium body on the pro is very tough. I dropped mine on it’s corner onto the stone hearth around my fire place and it only dented the corner a couple of mm, with no other damage 🙂

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Pro,well worth the extra £100 imho

Kuco

Go for the pro it can be upgraded to 8mb ram the backlit keyboard a SD slot and firewire.

Wish I paid the extra now and went for the Pro.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I love my MacPro, but I do find the 13″ screen quite small. It also took me a while to get to grips with the interface, as I had been on PCs for the previous 10 years. Once I am up and running with a job and earning money, I am sure to buy a screen, as I use my Mac with an external keyboard and mouse anyway.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks all

I will use mine with a screen and external keyboard/mouse a lot too

Just need to get an adaptor to provide an output to HDMI

vimto
    Free Member

Pro, same reasons as people have given. However battery on new Pro is not a user replaceable part, apparently you have to get Apple to do it for you when the battery dies.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Macbook or Macbook Pro?’ is closed to new replies.