Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Macbook or macbook pro ?
  • snap
    Free Member

Thinking of getting the macbook 13" just wondering if the Macbook pro is worth the extra £200
    Thanks

Jamie
    Free Member

I wonder how long till this descends into a poo flinging match between Pro and Anti-Apple bods.

Oh and get the MBP.

pinches
    Free Member

depends what you intend to use it for? the MBP will support much more graphically if you need it to be a work horse.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Refurbished MBP for the price of a MB?

rootes1

They have all but the same spec, but 13" pro has SD reader, aluminum chassis and a few other extra's think if you are going to shell out that sort of cash just go for the pro… Shame they come with happy glossy screens… and only getting i core on 15 and 17'' pros……

_tom_
    Free Member

I'd get something with a decently sized screen. 13" will get annoying very quickly, or at least it does for me.

mboy
    Free Member

I find my 1440×900 resolution 15" MBP (2007 C2D version) screen small these days, but then I am used to using a 1920×1080 23" screen most of the time.

Personally, a 13" screen would annoy the hell out of me, but each to their own. Oh, and the MBP will be much better for any graphics work should you want/need to do any, and faster processors will be more "future proof"…

Jammy111
    Free Member

the 13 inch MBP has the same graphics as the normal macbook, only main difference is 4gb ram compared to 2gb hardware wise. obviously the case is alu and there are a few more ports and an SD card slot.

I had the same decision to make and chose the normal macbook

spw3

It all depends on what you want it for, whether you have a desktop and how much money you have. Give us some details and you might get some useful advice, otherwise all you will get useless blather.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Mac book pro has FireWire. I believe the MacBook doesn't anymore. That was a clincher for me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Macbook or macbook pro ?’ is closed to new replies.