Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MacBook help please
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So I’ve bought a MacBook. Just want to know if you can turn off app purchases or in app purchases like you can on iphone/pad etc

somouk
    Free Member

Just make sure you sign out of the store after using it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Any more tips tricks? I’m totally new to the mac laptop world.

somouk
    Free Member

Lol, there are loads about, learn some keyboard shortcuts is the best tip for me on a mac, makes it some much simpler to use. Also look into the shortcuts for the trackpad, three finger swipe so you can swap between windows is always a good one if you’ve come from Windows.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Look up the Apple U “how to” videos – lots to learn. Have a play with the function buttons especially F3 and F4 ones. If you have an iPhone make sure it’s connected up via iCloud so you can share documents/bookmarks/browsing history and use iTunes to make backups. Get used to tabs in finder and how to move files about and see if you think file tags are useful

slowoldman

Do a Google search for trackpad “gestures”.
    If you haven’t already done so, organise some form of backup. Cheapest option is a USB drive then use Time Machine, which is brilliant.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I would experiment with the multi touch gestures, I think 4 finger swipe to the left or right flips between screens/desktops similar to the iPad.

Also there are s few shortcuts that work on all programs, eg Apple key + comma (,) always brings up preferences, Apple + W = close window, there are loads more which are handy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MacBook help please’ is closed to new replies.