• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by rhid.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Macavalanche
  • grum
    Free Member

Anyone else do it? My first time – really enjoyed it, will be back next year I think. They’ve managed to sort of recreate the feel of the Mega in a low-key shonky Scottish way. 🙂

I came 46th out of 80 in Masters and 109th out of 190 overall so respectably mediocre I guess – need to get fitter as I lost lots of time/places on the snow/bog/climbs, overtook quite a few people on the descents.

Other than Roots and Rain, anyone know where any photos would get posted? Can’t see anything on the event page or No Fuss’ page. I’m just intrigued to see what the guy by the bridge got. Got this one off RAR which I rather like:

I took some pics too which I will stick up at some point.

rhid

I did it too, first time. I didn’t do well 145 out of 190 but I loved it! I lost so much time sliding round in snow and had so many offs on stage 2 I seriously thought I would pull out after that point!

I will deffo be back next year with skills, bravery and a mud tyre. I cannot wait, its worth the 14 hour round trip to get there!

I will check the RAR website for pics.

Please put up the pics! I filmed stage 3 on my go pro. Watching it back it makes the course look pretty tame and my riding look like I had just taken the stabalizers off my first my little pony bike (which is a fair assessment of my riding on the day).

grum
    Free Member

Nice one rhid, glad you enjoyed it too. My mate had a flat in stage 2 and had intended to give up but then decided he would do stage 3, but got another flat and ran down the rest of the course.

I forgot my GoPro but I saw myself on some other guy’s video (I overtook him 😀 ) – 3:40, orange jacket, blue Capra. Was quite pleased with this little snippet.

[video]https://youtu.be/jv15eJR8HJs?t=3m40s[/video]

GoPro footage often looks pretty tame sadly unless you are doing stuff that’s really mental.

Northwind

Every year I think “Mmm, not sure I’d enjoy that” until the day it’s on, then I go “Damnit, why did I not enter”. 😆

BoardinBob

I was there taking pics and mine are on R&R (BM Photography). I got about 2000 pics but only uploaded 1 one from each sequence to R&R. If anyone is kind enough to purchase one of my shots, I’m donating 10% to Scottish Mountain Rescue, and if you buy one I’ll throw in the other unpublished shots I got of you for free.

Peter Smith was there taking some and his are on R&R too

Trev Worsey was taking pics too and they may be on his site and some have popped up on his Enduro MTB article ( http://enduro-mtb.com/en/no-fuss-macavalanche-scottish-mass-start-action/ & http://www.trevworseyphoto.com )

Glen Thomson was taking pics and filming for the official No Fuss stuff.

Others were taking pics in various spots but they looked more like random spectators and supporters

rhid

I’ll sort out my footage and post it up and maybe you can see yourself overtaking me too! there were a lot of comedy wipe outs (quite a few from myself). I’ll check out all the pics. I definitely had a OTB in front of a camera man and I hope he caught it. A swan couldn’t have done a more graceful maneuver.

I think it was the most fun event I have entered, certainly the most scenic and the most mentally challenging! Like I said next year I will be prepared……

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Macavalanche’ is closed to new replies.