Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mac Users.
  • el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Any of you upgraded to Snow leopard.

What do you think? Is it worth it? Does it make a big difference?

jam-bo

its good. seems stable. frees up quite a bit of disc space.

borrowed an upgrade disc so didnt cost me anything.

lardman
    Free Member

no big difference in my mind… In fact..is it even different at all? It did not seem any faster to me, or any more responsive.

Stable enough tho', at least on my machine. Macbook Pro 17"

Normally, i always err on the side of caution, and let others do the 'testing' that apple should have done themselves, by being early adopters.

I slammed into a car with my last macBook and broke it, so was forced to but another very recently which came with 10.6 installed already.

allthegear
    Free Member

Had Leopard on my PowerBook and now Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro. Can't easily compare speeds because of that but from a User Experience point of view, it's much better.

oh – and go buy it, don't just copy someone else's. Otherwise it's exactly the same as nicking sausages from Tesco's… (sorry, rant over)

Rachel

CaptJon
    Free Member

I like it (went from .4 to .6 at home) but I don't use many of the new features. Stacks is useful as is quickview. It was worth the change so i'm not using different operating systems at home and work though.

TheTompy
    Free Member

I upgraded to Snow Leopard when it was released. Most of the differences are behind the scenes so to speak, and it's been as stable as you'd expect of an Apple OS. My iMac is just over 3 years old and it still feels fast and responsive.

brassneck

It made my wireless behave oddly for some time, changing to WPA2 seemed to fix it though for the life of me I've no idea why. I was running WEP for some old linux laptop, but I retired it..

Your probably OK though if you've a more modern router.

Didn't Time Machine come with Snow Leopard? That's nice with a little NAS box as your destination though it was a faff to sort out as it wasn't a Time Capsule

jon1973
    Free Member

oh – and go buy it, don't just copy someone else's. Otherwise it's exactly the same as nicking sausages from Tesco's… (sorry, rant over)

Mmmm. Free sausages to go with my free OS upgrade.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mac Users.’ is closed to new replies.