Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • mac question
  • tails
    Free Member

If you click dashboard and go to the language converter does yours still work. i can change the language in the translate from box but not in the translate to box. It seems as if systran have stopped providing this service. It’s not a problem as I just go to the systran website, just asking?

Oggles
    Free Member

It’s working fine here. Have you tried restarting dashboard or is this a persistent problem?

tails
    Free Member

How do you restart dashboard. both that and finder are always on. It’s been like that for maybe a month, before that it’s worked since i have owned the computer.

Oggles
    Free Member

Dashboard would have restarted if the computer has been switched off. If it has been off recently then it must be something else. (to restart it manually you can type killall Dock into Terminal, which relaunches the Dock, closing the dashboard processes as it does so.)

You could also try closing the widget by holding alt when hovering over it and clicking the cross, then adding it back onto the dashboard. Or even reinstalling it from Apples download site. Dunno what else to suggest though, sorry.

tails
    Free Member

No need to be sorry thats all very helpful I shall give it go, though it’s not the end of the world if its borked

Simon-E

I use the imperial/metric converter widget and sometimes I find clicking into the entry box to type a value too soon stops it working – it’s as if it hasn’t loaded yet. When I try to be a little more patient it seems fine.

tails
    Free Member

Hi I couldn’t fix it but have downloaded a similar widget from the download sight so far so good. thanks for the help really useful

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘mac question’ is closed to new replies.