Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)
  • The new Mac Pro – ooooooooh!
  • peterfile
    Free Member

This looks great!

Mac Pro – fanboi pron

big_scot_nanny

Yup. Also the coolest demo website evah!

Frankers
    Free Member

Don’t know what it is…. but I want one

matt_outandabout

Hmm, have we not been there before with small form, uber cooling and different design? 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Is it any good for storing bread in though?

Russell96

It looks to be taking some design queues from the Xi3 aka Steam Box http://xi3.com/

Plus near to its release it might be chance to pick up a relative bargain out of the current Mac Pro range

MrNutt
    Free Member

hmmm where’s the Mac TV screen

MrSmith
    Free Member

Ill probably get one as long as its not silly money, would like to see thunderbolt drives/enclosures come down a bit in price. Should make short work of editing HD with no proxies (no 4k for me yet) and the GPU’s will speed up image processing in capture1 and Phocus which rely heavily on the GPU.

tails
    Free Member

Forget the Mac Pro, iOS now has automatic app updates! wooooooo!!!

chewkw
    Free Member

Did they put Dyson cyclone vacuum cleaner in a box? 😆

I want one … :mrgreen:

stuey
    Free Member

‘needs a ring pull.

CountZero

Hmm, have we not been there before with small form, uber cooling and different design?

Yup, we sure have, the logical development of the Cube. Which was a great little computer, we had one in the studio at my previous employer, and one of the directors still has it at home.
    I love my Mini, it sits under one corner of my telly like it was made to fit. Wouldn’t mind another couple of Tb of storage, but I can live with the 1.1 it’s got.
    The new Mac Pro does look very SF, but already the forum inhabitants are calling it rubbish because its expandability is through external Thunderbolt peripherals, rather than internal.
    Six ports, each capable of running six daisy-chained devices, must mean greater flexibility, surely?

mboy
    Free Member

It’s just a computer, its just a computer, its just a computer…

Nope, it’s not working!

Anyone want to buy my soul? I need one of these in my life!

geordiemick00
    Free Member

envy is a terrible thing….

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Looks like a wastepaper basket, and I want it with every ounce of my being! Plenty of power for my STW forum needs…

DrP

Could you whack the fan up to full, and hover a beach ball above it?
    Only then am I in….

DrP

mmannerr

Beautiful machine on it’s own. In reality a mess of external devices and miles of cables for every device. In addition to looking out of place with current line of brushed aluminium devices…

retro83
    Free Member

Looks cool on display. Probably not so much once there are over 9,000 wires hanging out the back.

Stoner
    Free Member

Great hardware spec. Can you run Windows 7 on it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

🙂
    Expensive way of running windows….

peterfile
    Free Member

I’m planning on running a Windows Mobile hack I downloaded from the Pirate Bay.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im guessing for the price of that jet powered camping toilet, I could build some kind of uber domestic blade server based monster 🙂

andyfla
    Free Member

I now have 2 children to sell, anyone want to buy them ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and by the look of it the heat comes out of the top so rather than gently warming your toes it will blow hot air under the desk leaving you with beaty swallocks 🙂

maccruiskeen

In addition to looking out of place with current line of brushed aluminium devices…

The ‘current’ brushed aluminium devices have been around for a decade (edit – actually 12 years). I think its a fair guess that this is the first of the not-brushed-aluminium devices and within a year or so will have plenty of company.

Stoner
    Free Member

🙁

Ive just bought my first brushed aluminium device

maccruiskeen

Why you early adopter you

grum
    Free Member

Want.

While we’re here, what do we think about iOS 7 (or did I miss another thread?)?

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/

Not entirely convinced by what I’ve seen but we’ll see.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

While we’re here, what do we think about iOS 7 (or did I miss another thread?)?

No idea where they are getting their ideas from

grum
    Free Member

Why do you open every single Apple thread on here just to be a hater? It’s a bit sad really.

They don’t even look vaguely similar anyway. 😕

mogrim

I’m sure it’s an amazing beast, but the wastepaper basket look doesn’t entirely convince.

zilog6128

No idea where they are getting their ideas from

iOS jailbreak apps, by the looks of it.

allthegear
    Free Member

I’ve got a dev account so downloaded ios7 onto my iPhone 5. It’s – different…

I like some aspects and not others. Totally new direction and will take a while for the rough edges to wear off, that’s for sure.

Rachel

binners

That’s just caused more fuss in the studio than a delivery of skinny decaff, fair trade lattes’s!

I NEED ONE!

cranberry
    Free Member

It is very pretty, and I do like the inbuilt CIA monitoring port. 😕

convert

What sort of work do you need to do that means you need a Mac Pro rather than an Imac these days? I would have thought modern Imacs must be powerful enough for the vast majority of even the most graphic hungry users.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why do you open every single Apple thread on here just to be a hater? It’s a bit sad really.

They don’t even look vaguely similar anyway.
    Came to see what all the fuss was about 🙂

lodious
    Free Member

Be interesting to hear how quiet it actually is, but it’s good to see Apple doing something a bit different.

grum
    Free Member

What sort of work do you need to do that means you need a Mac Pro rather than an Imac these days? I would have thought modern Imacs must be powerful enough for the vast majority of even the most graphic hungry users.

Video editing and 3D graphics I’d imagine.

Cougar

Nice looking thing. Wholly impractical, but it looks nice.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘The new Mac Pro – ooooooooh!’ is closed to new replies.