Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Mac or PC?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Fantastic article – worth spending 5 minutes over a coffee.

🙂
    Charlie Brooker on Vista

skidartist
    Free Member

Microsoft, hellbent on tackling the conspicuous lack of word-of-mouth recommendation, is encouraging people – real people – to host "Windows 7 launch parties"

I bet apple will be partying. Apparently every time windows launches a new OS, Mac sales surge.

Lactic
    Free Member

Have you tried watching the youtube windows 7 party info thingy? Surely you can't make anything that bad by accident?

Bet you can't watch all of this
    I managed 1 minute 22 and am now feeling violated

grievoustim
    Free Member

i enjoyed that

his stance has softened. In a previous article he claimed to love the remshakle nature of a PC – claiming it was shat Dr Who would use. And said how much he hated Mac users

now he is at least admitting how useless windows is. He's passed through denial into anger

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

What a nauseating article. 5 mins and a coffee wasted 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I managed 1 minute 22 and am now feeling violated

LOL

I particularly liked how they got an old woman in, a black male in, a young woman in and the male on the left I can only assume was gay.

The PC way to sell PCs

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Bet you can't watch all of this

The boy's car keys go into an empty cereal bowl at 3:56

binners

Sweet baby Jesus and the Orphans!!!! I've just gnawed my own hand off watching that, then hugged my Powerbook with my bleeding stumps

nickc

I managed 32 seconds.

Sandwich

21 seconds and I was nauseous.

Pook

1.15 painful.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I am going to be getting my first Mac in a few week's time using my student discount. Just can't face handing money over to Microsoft anymore. I promise I won't get all smug and stuff, I'll just hopefully be happy to have a computer with what is said to be a much more reliable operating system. I lost the ability to burn CDs ages ago, and now Movie Maker wont save my movie files. Just cheesed off with the whole shebang.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Only a hand full of seconds before I clicked the video about Hitlers Broken iPhone. Now that is funny.
    "but we're Nazis, not Jedis"

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

You're so retro binners.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Watched it all, wheres my prize….. It was like car crash TV, couldn't take my eyes off it……my favourite bit, "right", is at the end when the MAC guy turns ups and guns them all down

What, you didn't watch to the end…..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think I would rather watch gay animal pron.

GrahamS

I particularly liked how they got an old woman in, a black male in, a young woman in and the male on the left I can only assume was gay.

The PC way to sell PCs

It's okay – they'll badly photoshop out the black guy in Poland:
    http://photoshopdisasters.blogspot.com/2009/08/microsoft-poland-at-least-they-left.html

And the European launch parties won't have any balloons:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/08/missing_microsoft_balloons/

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

LOL brilliant. I wonder, worldwide, just how many parties will there be?

The singularly most ham-fisted approach to marketing ever.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Windows is like the faint smell of piss in a subway: it's there, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I think we may have found Microsoft's new slogan.

RepacK
    Free Member

12 seconds..It was soooo baddddd…….

I luurrvvve my MacBook! 😀

RustySpanner

Charlie Brooker – has lost all credibility after 'You have been watching', which was a prime example of everything he claims to despise.
    A truly terrible TV program.

I'm buying an Apple next time, after too many hardware and software issues with a Toshiba Satellite P100 laptop, even though I have never worn 'charcoal' in my life.

zaskar
    Free Member

I must admit that windows 7 looked really cheap and dull.

I went to back to XP!

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Mac V pc isn't mac v windows. I run a pc but don't have any windows software at all. Linux v mac is another story.

mboy
    Free Member

37 seconds, the actors were that convincing I started to gag!

Windows 7 (having used it briefly) is a significant improvement over Vista (it's what Vista should have been in the first place really), but it's still no OSX.

I have and use both Mac (which I'm using now) and PC regularly, and sadly my work PC has Vista on it which is awful! My new(ish) desktop I installed XP on, cos at least they've had time to find fixes to most of its issues, and hardware in 2009 is finally fast enough to run an OS that came out in 2002 without falling over all the time!

OSX (touchwood) just works, and keeps on working… All we need is for Apple to hurry up and start allowing PC Manufacturers to install OSX on their machines under license! Or to start selling it as an OS for general release, that works on all hardware (with hacks, kernel patches or whatever)… That'll be the day!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

MS Windows is slowly imploding
    Mac OSX (BSD) and PC Linux are the future

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Mac or PC?’ is closed to new replies.