Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mac help please – HDD cloning query
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Just cloned my HDD to a bigger SSD – all seemed OK and Macbook booted from SSD just fine – next step is to replace internal HDD with the SSD.

But I’ve just noticed that my Mail is not updating – all my email is there from before the cloning but none of the mail that I’ve received since then – mail seems to be online though?

prettygreenparrot

seems to be online

are your mail accounts online? Are they connecting? Is your mail server authentication working? That’d be where I’d look first. With those connections and authentications working I’d reboot from the SSD again. If your mail program is not updating the emails after that then there’s the chance to do some more diagnostics.

On a vaguely related Mail note, my SO asked ‘how do I attach these images to an email’. There are several choices of course. She’d tried using the photo browser after realising the file browser does not show up what’s in iPhoto. Each time we tried (photo browser, drag and drop, export and insert) Mail crashed. Unheard of! After a reboot it worked seamlessly.

IA

I’d suspect the mail problem is unrelated, or possibly present before the clone.

How did you clone? Superduper?

kcal

james – I’ve just had some serious problems with Mac Mail blow up – basically they mailbox is not ‘offline’ but there is an alert against it. It seems its turning on SSL – and the keep settings updated – without me knowing, and is then turning them back on randomly even after they’ve been unticked..

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks all – seems to be working fine now after another reboot from SSD

I used CCC to do the clone – very straightforward

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mac help please – HDD cloning query’ is closed to new replies.