Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mac Help itunes and all that shizzle
  • earl_brutus

Any ideas…In finder Ive got a folder called MUSIC, its 9.2gb, it lists 437 songs i have. Ive also got a folder called Itunes music, its 8gb and is niceley arranged ito seprate folders for each artist. Yet in itunes my total music is 7.5gb and number of songs is 1197..

How have I ended up in this duplicated files pickle and can I erase everything in Music folder or will I lose the lot/plot!?

Help appreciated…

gonefishin
    Free Member

Depending on how you import into iTunes you can end up with duplicate files. I think that the only files that iTunes recognises is the stuff in itunes music. If you leave the contents of this alone and delete the other music files then you should be fine.

A back up might be sensible before you delete anything though.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

+1

Backup before you do anything you might regret later…
    Don't touch the iTunes Music folder through the Finder. If you have duplicates in iTunes, delete them through iTunes. If all your music is in iTunes already, I would delete the contents of the other MUSIC folder. If all your music isn't on iTunes already, put it on and then delete the MUSIC folder.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

isn't the music file the back up, in MP3/4 rather than aac. This is my assumption so correct me if i'm wrong

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mac Help itunes and all that shizzle’ is closed to new replies.