Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mac Guitar Line In recommendation
  • DavidB
    Free Member

Any reccs on something not too expensive to plug into my iMac and allow me to record guitar and bass into Logic

DavidB
    Free Member

Anyone?

RoterStern
    Free Member

Something like this?

Just noticed that is Windows compatible. But plenty more on their website if you take a look.

nickdavies

Guitar port. Best thing around in my opinion for the money, nice and small works with mac and some great modelling software.

Been using it for 10+ years. Only niggle I have with it on the mac is that you have to boot into 32bit to use the software on Lion/ML. Seems to have sorted itself out with mavericks though.

trailmonkey

i guess it depends on how much you want to spend but have you considered the focusrite scarlett 2i2 ? it will give you the ins you need for the guitar plus a whole load of other stuff for just over £100.

DavidB
    Free Member

Daft question, what cable do you need to connect that Focusrite scarlet direct to a guitar?

EDIT: Ignore, it appears the socket can take a 1/4″ jack

chipps

I used the ‘sledgehammer to crack a nut’ solution of getting some Samson GT powered monitors. They plug into the Mac via USB and work as great speakers, but they also have two inputs for guitar or XLR and work as music I/O interfaces for Garageband, Logic etc. £170 or so, but I think I got some ex-demo ones for £140.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mac Guitar Line In recommendation’ is closed to new replies.