Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mac genius'?…………………..Please help!
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

Yersterday i spilt about 10ml of liquid on my macbook pro keyboard.

Noticed it immediately, wiped it down and turned it upside down and dried it off…..

Unfortunately part of the bottom line and space bar no longer work. I opened her up but couldn’t get the keyboard off (i think the wird screws on the memory module have something to do with that), put it back together and now the mouse button doesnt work 🙁 Its about 4 years old but up until yesterday it worked perfectly – i dont want to spend a fortune on it but similarly dont want to bin it…………any ideas?

any guidance gratefully received.

Jonathan

geoffj

Cable may have come off the logic board – look here, how to fix. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc7RLbKhnjc

PrinceJohn

10ml of ‘liquid’?

Jamie
    Free Member

Head over to ifixit and remove the keyboard and make sure you put everything back together properly as it is very easy to unplug some of the ribbon cables….as well as damage them.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

what sort of liquid? Any sugar in that liquid?

Or salt? 😯

MrNutt
    Free Member

sounds like a protein shake spillage to me

home contents insurance?

warton
    Free Member

Yersterday i spilt about 10ml of liquid on my macbook pro keyboard

I opened her up

You sick man

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Just to clear up guys it was contact lens fluid defo no protein in that! 😆

Geoffj – thanks for that. Pretty much did that but need to get hold of a torq t6 screwdriver thingy as thats whats stopping me removing the keyboard. If i need a replacement keyboard are these easy to get hold of? my mac is a first gen intel jobby.

thanks to everyone for your input 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mac genius'?…………………..Please help!’ is closed to new replies.