Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • mac for garmin duty
  • higgins
    Free Member

Eh up.
    I need a new computer. Mac curious. But concerned it wont let me download GPX tracks and the like.
    Thinking about a Mac mini as I’ve got a good screen already.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Garmin got Bluetooth?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mac Mini works fine for that, I know I have one (2009). In fact any Mac will be fine. The Mac is fully open in terms of file transfer via USB (never used wireless to a Garmin but I am sure that works too), its only the iPhone/iPad that file system protections for security. I run BaseCamp on my Mini

You might want to look at MacRumors website and buyers guides.

cp

My Garmin 800 plays happily with garmin express on my 2011 Macbook Pro. You also see the unit and sd card as drives in finder so you can easily drag and drop files etc… manually.

higgins
    Free Member

My garmin is the etrex 30. It does not have bluetooth (that I know of!)

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

If you’re treating yourself to a new Mac, seems rude not to treat yourself to a new Garmin.

Nobby

No issues using any Garmin products on Mac – Garmin Express deals with syncing & Garmin Connect allows you to send stuff to/fro the device*

* Well it definitely works on the Edge 605, 705 & 800 models.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

No issues using any Garmin products on Mac – Garmin Express deals with syncing & Garmin Connect allows you to send stuff to/fro the device

Agree with that but also I often plug my garmin (Oregon something or other) in via the usb port and move files back and forth in the mac finder.

smudge
    Free Member

I had similar concerns before I went ahead and bought a Mac.

I have a Garmin 810 and along with Connect & Basecamp works a treat, the Garmin and its SD card pops up on the screen (remember to eject properly before unplugging)

higgins
    Free Member

Thanks for the reassuring advice.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘mac for garmin duty’ is closed to new replies.