Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mac DVD software that allows me to do screen shots of a DVD – help needed please
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

As per title, when I use the DVD player that comes with my Macbook, all I get is images with chequered squares.

I need to do some screen shots from a DVD (for which I have permission from the director before anyone asks), so is there any I can download, for this purpose?

Cheers!

Si

M6TTF
    Free Member

If the normal screengrab isn't working? You could use snapzpro

aikon
    Free Member

Command-Shift-4 for a selective screen grab, Command-Shift-3 for a full screen grab

CountZero

Surely you can just pause the video then do a standard screengrab? There's two versions, command 3 and 4, IIRC, one allows you to marquee the exact area you want. It used to work on my old PowerBook, but I haven't tried it since I upgraded to Leopard.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cheers folks.

I was doing command shift 4 to screengrab, which works on every other application apart from the DVD player, so I was thinking that maybe there is anti-piracy software built in to the screen grab?

Have just downloaded snapzpro and it does just what I need – cheers!

_tom_
    Free Member

In VLC you can also export a single frame of a video.

retro83
    Free Member

VLC has a built in screen grab if the native OSX one (CMD-SHIFT-3) doesn't grab the video for some reason

simonralli2
    Free Member

Brilliant! Thanks for all the help. For a Bucie bonus – can anyone guess the film? 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mac DVD software that allows me to do screen shots of a DVD – help needed please’ is closed to new replies.