Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Mabie, Dalbeattie & Kirroughtree June 26 – 4 July anybody?
  • warby
    Free Member

I'm staying in Brighouse bay nr Kircudbright for this week with my wife and nipper, who don't ride (yet…!)

However the bike is also coming – if anybody is in the area this week and fancies black/red runs at any of these let me know!

Haven't ridden any of them previously so would be good to meet up with people who know the area,

Cheers

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Hi Warby

I'm in Dumfries. I'm away the first weekend you're up but could probably manage an evening ride round Mabie later in the week. There's a few good cheeky bits to explore. I'm not the fittest at the moment but working on it.

Trekster will be along some time soon and offer to take you round Dalbeattie and show you the extras there soon I'm sure.

Post a reminder closer to the time.

Keith.

Trekster

Will be dificult, in Canada till 8th July 😆

davy-g
    Free Member

I may be able to meet up with you down at Kirroughtree, there are a few off piste sections there… drop me an email nearer the time.. (email in my profile..)

warby
    Free Member

Sqwubbsy/Davy
    Cheers for the replies, will post again or email nearer time.

Cheers

warby
    Free Member

how would you rate these in order of best rides? I may only be able to do 2…

Trekster

Kirry re/black is a must, probably THE best trail centre(trail)
    Your choice really between Mabie/Dalbeattie. As a local I could not choose, I like them all for different reasons. Knowing most of the "secrets" at them helps. Dalbeattie is probably a bit harder to ride and on the rider. Mabie easier and faster due the rolling hill nature of the forest Both forest are small so trails are not that long compared to Kirry(black)

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Agree with Trekster in that Kirry is a must and that Dalbeattie can be hard on the rider due to the rocky nature of the trails but is perfectly do-able, even on a rigid singlespeed.

I prefer Mabie as it's where it all started for me with Riks(bangin on) Sunday Muddy Sunday shop rides.

You're sure to enjoy any of them.

davy-g
    Free Member

plus Mabie has the skills area and mini-x… and way to many steep hills for my old legs…. 😕
    Dalbeatie is good buy as has been said it can be tuff…., will show you round the Kirrie Black if you are up for it..

@ John, would that be a biking holiday to Canada???

forge197
    Free Member

If I was doing two I'd aim for Kirri Red and Black as a ceratin, and then toss a coin for Mabie, Drumlanrig or Dalbeattie there all great but in different ways.

forge197
    Free Member

If I was doing two I'd aim for Kirri Red and Black as a ceratin, and then toss a coin for Mabie, Drumlanrig or Dalbeattie there all great but in different ways.

warby
    Free Member

Great, sounds like Kirri then for the first ride!

Trekster

@ John, would that be a biking holiday to Canada???

Nope 😕 Visiting freinds who live within the Prince Albert National Park area. Not found much ref to biking other than forest trails. Might do some kyaking and/or horse riding.

I prefer Mabie as it's where it all started for me with Riks(bangin on) Sunday Muddy Sunday shop rides.

Ahhh those were the days 🙂
    Happy to say along with a few others I helped Rik start the infamous Sunday muddy Sunday so called due to the then muddy nature of the trails.

Said Hi to Rik last night actually, was @ Drum with kids club.

davy-g
    Free Member

@ Warby there are some vids of Kirroughtree on my Vimeo page… http://www.vimeo.com/user449600/videos will give ya an idea of what its like…

@ John, enjoy sunny Saskatchewhan… I have spent 3 holidays in Saskatoon…

Trekster

G-g…..It is Saskatoon I am staying, coincidence or what 😯
    Wife is talking to her mate atm, great things these telephones

voodoo_chile

trekster , saskatoon nice place only been through it but dead nice

voodoo_chile

saskatchewan is dead flat

Trekster

Friends have been living(emigrated)for a year. Not first choice but a job was going with accom and assisted passage so a means to an end till they get citizenship.
    Sounds like we are spending some time in a lakeside lodge somewhere, will find out when she is off the phone(could be a while!!)

voodoo_chile

as a rule the further away you are from the big cities/towns the quicker and easier it is to get residency (i have been told)

warby
    Free Member

anybody up for kirri the week after next? may ride Mabie too. Flexible on days but between mon 28th and following friday. Would prefer dry too so dont want to say definite day until nearer the time. will send my mobile no. to anyone up for riding.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Mabie, Dalbeattie & Kirroughtree June 26 – 4 July anybody?’ is closed to new replies.