Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mabie Accommodation
  • cultsdave
    Free Member

Got a wedding to go to at Mabie House hotel on the 6th of May so I am on the hunt for some self catering accommodation. Most of the places I have looked at are either full or too far away or seem expensive. There might be a group of us so a cottage style might work or it might just be me and the wife so a B&B would be fine.
    Any recommendations? Needs to be near enough Mabie for a taxi ride home.

Thanks.

vickypea
    Free Member

We got married there a couple of years ago. I don’t know what sc accommodation there is locally but the hotel has a few camping pods if that’s any use?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Only recommendations I have are around the Kippford/Dalbeattie area so a fair trek in a taxi.

But just be aware that taxis are scarce around there and you do need to book one, and if there’s a wedding on I would book well in advance. For example we met friends at the steamboat inn at carsethorn and needed a taxi back to kippford, called a couple of days before and only had a couple of time slots available.

cultsdave
    Free Member

Cheers folks will keep that in mind.

jamesmio
    Free Member
    dmorts

My mate got married at the Marthrown of Mabie, which is further up the hill from the Mabie Hotel. You can stay there but it’s camping or hostel type accommodation, although there are some yurts which look cosy.

We stayed in Dumfries at the Huntingdon House Hotel which I can recommend. Sort a taxi well in advance though if you’re going to need one

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mabie Accommodation’ is closed to new replies.