Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • M975 I.S. caliper on post mount fork problem.
  • caferacer
    Free Member

I recently got a 2010 or so Sid with post mount,I got a 160mm post mount to I.S. adapter for my M975 I.S. caliper and it wont fit?Ive been told that I have to change to a 180mm rotor for it to fit.Is that my only option?

caferacer
    Free Member

Will this work?Seems a bit vague…
    http://clee-cycles.co.uk/esite/P1043/product

nixie

To swap between standards you have to go up a disc size. The pm mount is 160 without any adaptor. By going to 180mm you are making room for the conversion.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    STATO
    Free Member

You could switch calipers. An SLX caliper will work and can be had for ~£20, might need a different hose depending on which caliper/lever you have now.
    It will be heavier than existing caliper but probably lighter than caliper/adaptor/bigger-rotor. Disadvantage is it would use different pads to you current caliper.

nixie

If you already have the adaptor a bigger rotor is not really an issue.

keir
    Free Member

The KCNC adapter from clee will do 160mm on at least some forks (my 2010 rebas would if I wasn’t using a number 5 180mm mono mini), but the hope branded adapter is +20 so requires a 180mm rotor on a 160mm caliper

caferacer
    Free Member

The problem is the adaptor will not fit the caliper.Its a Shimano post mount to I.S. adapter and it wont even fit one of their own calipers!Im after googling it and it seems my only option is to get a different adapter and larger rotor as my adaptor wont fit.Bit of joke really.Unless there is another option Im just going to get an SLX post mount caliper and skip the faff….

philjunior
    Free Member

I’ve had the same issue on some cheapo calipers, using IS mount on a fork I couldn’t run 160mm rotors as the adaptor fouled the caliper.

I wonder which calipers actually work with 160mm to 160mm adaptors!

caferacer
    Free Member

I was talking to Clee Cycles and they said that the KCNC 160-180mm adapter will suit.Whats very handy is that the adapter can be run with 160mm rotors and with the addition of included spacers can also run 180mm rotors.

caferacer
    Free Member

I fitted the KCNC adapter and it fits with a bit of patience.The bolts provided were too long and they fouled the bottom of the caliper,I fitted shorter and had to use M8 locking nuts as spacers on the post mount also.Its now spot on and running great.Im lucky being a fitter by trade to have all these things to hand,but a heads up to anyone doing the same….

bigyinn
    Free Member

Just cut the bolts shorter?

caferacer
    Free Member

No,by cutting the bolts the caliper will jam on the rotor,the post spacers I added are there to clear the caliper from the rotor.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘M975 I.S. caliper on post mount fork problem.’ is closed to new replies.