Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • M776 Hub Spares??!! PLEASE HELP!
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

I made a fundamental mistake and removed the cover within the hub of my M776 wheelset (the cover which has the metal strip around the inside which sits next to the bearings on the freehub side), the long and short of it that this is meant to be a really easy service (which normally it is – unless you have a brain block!!!) and because of my mistake I can not now put the bloody thing back together, so…..

Does anyone know where I can get spares for the M776 hub or if the worst comes to the worst – another rear hub!!??

Please Help….

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Not quite sure which bi you mean, but talk to your local dealer and Madison should be able to send you the bit, there's a lot of spares available for the hubs.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

SpokesCycles – Member

Not quite sure which bi you mean, but talk to your local dealer and Madison should be able to send you the bit, there's a lot of spares available for the hubs.

Thanks buddy – I'll give Madison a go – I can't find spares anywhere for this hub specifically?

The bit I mean is the dust cover – there is one on both sides of the hub next to the bearings and on one side the dust cover has a metal strip on the inside of it (I think its the drive side? Because it sits against the loose bearings, rather than the non-drive side as the bearings are in a casing?)

one-eyed_jim
    Free Member

Identify the part number here:

http://bike.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/WH/EV-WH-M776-R-2767A_v1_m56577569830625012.pdf

Your local Shimano dealer should be able to order it for you.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

one-eyed_jim – Member

Identify the part number here:

http://bike.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/WH/EV-WH-M776-R-2767A_v1_m56577569830625012.pdf

Your local Shimano dealer should be able to order it for you.

Thanks buddy – it looks like its the freehub complete I need – as that diagram does not show a separate dust cover for the drive side.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Ah, that bit. I think we may have one at work. If you're able to call me tomorrow I can have a look- number is 01334 477835. I'll be the only one there so say you're off STW and I'll see if I can sort you out.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Thanks great buddy – I'll give you a call tomorrow and thanks again.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Oh- our phone is being fussy, so if you don't get through first time try again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘M776 Hub Spares??!! PLEASE HELP!’ is closed to new replies.