Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • M675 / M785 Shimano double chainrings
  • theotherjonv

My google-fu is weak tonight, but I can’t find any UK stockists of the chainrings for a shimano 2×10 crankset. Not Merlin, not CRC, not Wiggle, not Evans, etc. Yet I can get them readily from Germany or Italy? Why? Surely there’s enough doubles in circulation that spares are needed, are shimano only allowing stock to go to LBS or something?

For follow up – what’s delivery time from Bike24.de like, ‘cos at £27 equiv for a 38:26 pair I can’t be bothered to wait for the answer to Q1.

robarnold
    Free Member

Your local bike shop will be able to order the specific chain rings from Madison in a few days. Use them, that’s what they’re good at 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

by the look of a quick google they are 104BCD rings? should be a stack of them from a variety of manufacturers on the shelves of LBS’s. Unless something has changed significantly you don’t need the shimano ones. (From last time I looked check before you buy)

theotherjonv

Sure, I get that. Although experience suggests that my lbs isn’t generally very good at remembering to order stuff or to phone me to tell me they forgot / when it does finally come in. But that’s another topic.

My question really was why the usual merchants don’t list them, and are shimano somehow controlling the supply?

And then, after my first post last night I googled further and found that bike24 had them and even with delivery, seem to be cheaper than the Madison price. So I ordered and then edited the post to ask what delivery time is like. Maybe should have changed title at the same time.

njee20
    Free Member

by the look of a quick google they are 104BCD rings? should be a stack of them from a variety of manufacturers on the shelves of LBS’s. Unless something has changed significantly you don’t need the shimano ones. (From last time I looked check before you buy)

Unlikely to have 26/38 though. Just buy from Germany, I’ve always had stuff within 2-3 days.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

fair enough, my experience was it’s a fairly common stock item for most places – I just walked out with some last time I needed some. I found plenty putting 104BCD into google (on CRC) not all shimano though.

theotherjonv

@mike

Sure, I found some blackspire but at almost double the cost, and as per above, wasn’t really a where can I get as opposed to a why can’t I get from CRC/merlin post.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘M675 / M785 Shimano double chainrings’ is closed to new replies.