Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • M6 Toll. Prices?
  • brickwizard
    Free Member

Heading down M 6 in the morning how much is the toll? Didn’t realise there was one till I looked at route planner!!

Cougar

It’s 5-6 quid ish, depending what you’re driving. Slightly cheaper off peak.

And the Toll is broadly optional, the M6 spilts in two for a few miles.

brickwizard
    Free Member

Ah ok I take it the tolls the quicker option?

Cougar

Usually. It dodges the M6/M5 clusterbomb, which can be horrific or a breeze depending on the time of day.

I don’t mean to be a nob, but have you not got a map?

peteimpreza

Depends where you are going, no help if you are heading for the M5 for example.

Cougar

Good point. I was assuming That London.

brickwizard
    Free Member

Lol yes got map in car but too lazy to fetch it just looked up route on google maps and it mentioned toll, thought it worth asking,
    Cheers fellas

br
    Free Member

the toll is definitely worth taking at the moment due to the roadworks on M6 plus the queue that is occurring because the M5 exit is single-lane only

1-shed
    Free Member

The toll road is a joy £4.80 well spent.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Used to use the toll can bomb it on that motorway save some time.

peteimpreza

The M6 toll takes you north of Birmingham and around the M42 to get to the M5, is that any quicker than the queue?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The toll road is a joy £4.80 well spent.

Only that price on a weekend, or before 0600hrs..

It’s £5.50 during the day. Well, for a car it is..

jambalaya
    Free Member

Toll is worth paying IMO as much as it pains me to do it. I’ve tried the non-toll alternative a few times and it’s a pain.

rene59
    Free Member

I love the toll road, 120mph and a pit stop half way along! I don’t pay for it though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I use it to hit the m5 from the a38 when heading south West. Only reason being is the first time I don’t use it I know it’ll be bedlam.

binners

The police occasionally make statements along the lines of ‘the M6 toll is not a race track!”

Well, no….. More an autobahn. Hoof it up to 120+ as soon as you turn onto it, and have fun ‘making progress’ . Where else on our gloriously congested motorway network do you get to do that? Got to be worth a fiver,right? 😉

bensales
    Free Member

The toll road is worth is just for the drag race off the toll-booths.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I love the toll road, 120mph and a pit stop half way along! I don’t pay for it though.

konabunny
    Free Member

I love the toll road, 120mph and a pit stop half way along!

doesn’t the pit stop negate the time saving of the 120mph?

anagallis_arvensis

I used to live near Bell End and that sign is a fake. No wall like that in Bell End. (Just off J4 of the M5 dont use the toll road to get there!)

slackboy

As others have said there are delays on the m5 /m6 junction because of re-surfacing on the elevated section of the m5. its a bit of a mess, we took 30 minutes to go through last saturday morning.

I’d recommend the m6 toll route even if you are heading to bristol/south west at the moment

kimbers

Personally I avoid it
    Just try really hard to travel outside busy times

I also have a zafira, usually full of bikes + kids + stuff so drag racing and 120 mph is out !
    I’m also far to tight on fuel econony !
    Just put on a good podcast/playlist/audio book/the gruffalo and cruise

Flaperon

Well, no….. More an autobahn. Hoof it up to 120+ as soon as you turn onto it, and have fun ‘making progress’ . Where else on our gloriously congested motorway network do you get to do that? Got to be worth a fiver,right?

^^ Anyone who claims to do this on the toll road is pulling your leg. I drive it fairly regularly and can’t remember a trip that hasn’t had a couple of cars on the hard shoulder stopped by unmarked cars.

Over a ton is ban territory…

Cougar

There’s a common belief that it’s safe to speed as it’s a private road. I think thins is an urban myth; I wouldn’t chance it, myself.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘M6 Toll. Prices?’ is closed to new replies.