Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • M-Part self-adhesive cable guides
  • psychle
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can order these in bulk from somewhere? I go through quite a few of them over time… at £5.99 for 3 it gets a little expensive 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

How do you go through them? Had one on my Pikes for about a year now.

psychle
    Free Member

several bike builds, each with annoying cable routing. When they're on the downtube they occasionally fall off (I guess from getting constantly soaked?)

foxyrider
    Free Member

Mine are on the top tube and are fine – my mates teh same but I think he jetwashes them and they come off !! Sorry but don't know about bulk orsers – maybe spk to madison re: discount for bulk buy?

foxyrider
    Free Member

http://www.alligatorcables.com – US not sure if you could get them off a US ebay shop? about $2.50 for 2 ? NO zip tie though!

http://www.alligatorcables.com/GRIPPER/GRIPPER.htm

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry, I read this thread, thought nothing of it, then had to return because I couldn't get this line out of my head –

several bike builds, each with annoying cable routing

Errr, what? How can several bikes have annoying cable routing? One, yeah maybe, but several? The only bike I've ever altered the routing on was drilling out cable stops to fit full length outers on one bike before most manufacturers caught on.

Please explain more, because I can't believe you've had to modify them ALL. I think the problem might be in your head! 😀

psychle
    Free Member

running alfine & hammerschmidt cables under downtubes mainly, plus adding guides for adjustable seatpost cables 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh I see now.
    So, not annoying, just not designed for what you're fitting then….

So you've got, let's see now, £700-£900+ worth of drivetrain and it looks like a right dogs breakfast? 😉

mudshark
    Free Member

My M-Part cable guides use zip ties as well as pads – yours aren't the same or you think the zip ties look ugly?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

you think the zip ties look ugly?

He's hot a Hammerschmidt. I'm guessing looks don't worry him too much….
    😉

psychle
    Free Member

😆 not really, though I do think it looks OK actually 🙂

wwaswas

try araldite or something – it'll be fairly permanent but you'll keep the guides.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘M-Part self-adhesive cable guides’ is closed to new replies.