Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • M and S Insurance – I have some questions.
  • beamers

Which are:

1. Should I use them? (we have a number of bikes under £4k but a couple come close)
    2. Standard or premium cover?
    3. Building and Contents? (we are tenants and any structural damage will be sorted out by our landlords – damage to our possessions resulting from this damage is a different mater though)

Ta in advance.

fadda

1. Yes – it's good cover and the claims experience is good. This is important because the very last point at which you need problems with your insurance company is when you actually need them to do something.
    2. Premium if you can stretch to it – IIRC it's what gets you the extended contents/accidental damage cover. This means you can claim for damage to your bike when it's outside the home, however that damage was caused (by crashing it, for instance!)
    3. Your landlord should cover the buildings, so you shouldn't need to. You might want to check about liability/consequential damage though, just in case he's a cheapskate and has not thought as hard about his insurance as you have.

HTH

Alphabet

2nd what fadda said.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Marmoset
    Free Member

I went for standard and then added on cover away from home – I'm pretty sure this was the cheaper option a far as covering bikes was concerned.

iDave
    Free Member

i used them – my stolen bike was a 5 year old custom build which came to more than £4k to replace so they waived the excess and paid £4k. great to deal with.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I had to claim for storm damage to our roof a couple of years ago and they were great to deal with. Not cheap mind so I guess you get what you pay for.

beamers

Thanks all – much appreciated.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Did you need receipt for a custom build?

iDave
    Free Member

FM – no, but i had plenty of photos of the bike and components, and if necessary plenty of people who could testify i owned the bike as described

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Cheers fella

grtdkad

Definitely recommend both M&S / Greenbee (both via AXA).
    I have a load of photos of the bikes and the associated security arrangements – locks, garage wall shackles etc

grtdkad

…just realised all the photos are on the computer hard-drive so if we were really cleaned out by any local tike I'd be knackered for evidence anyway!!! 😐
    …time to get some hard-copies – doh!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘M and S Insurance – I have some questions.’ is closed to new replies.