Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • M 1 Motorway closed to all trafic for quite a while it apears,all weekend now
  • project
    Free Member

Seems as if the footballerists are going to be late for a match, along with all those runnerists for some running race tommorrow.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s a conspiracy I tell you.

RustySpanner

It’s a dirty southern plot.

They’ll torture our brave lads and lasses ’till one of them cracks and blabs the recipe for decent gravy.

project
    Free Member

Now shut till monday morning 05.00 hrs, thats early morning for the southerners, possibly one lane open going oop north tonight, as us northerners get homesick very quickly.

donsimon
    Free Member

They’ll torture our brave lads and lasses ’till one of them cracks and blabs the recipe for decent gravy.

Or how to get a decent pint.

project
    Free Member

Now mostly shut till the end of the week, should be a good car park tomorrow morning.

Now who ever allowed a scrap yard to exist under a major road bridge needs removing from office.

grahamh
    Free Member

Now who ever allowed a scrap yard to exist under a major road bridge needs removing from office.

Now who ever decided to build a major motorway over a scrap yard should be removed from office! Which existed first??

project
    Free Member

How do you build a motorway over a scrap yard, you dont you have a clear site , then a scrap yard builds itself under it, catches fire and seriously diosrupts peoples lives.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Funnily enough the entire A1(M) in both directions was closed last night for engineering work, creating a pain in the arse detour round the A19 – which wasn’t on the news at all… probably because it didn’t involve wendyballers and Southerners!

project
    Free Member

M5 closed today for 11 miles Police incident it appears.

Not allowing scrap yards under motorway bridges ?
    It’s political correctness gone mad.

Or is it health & safety gone mad ?
    I always get those two mixed up.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

[/quote]M5 closed today for 11 miles Police incident it appears.

Yep someone decided to jump off an overbrigde at about 730 this morning!

joao3v16
    Free Member

I believe the Mash asks all the important questions:

The motorway has been blissfully closed since Saturday after a blaze at a scrapyard directly underneath it, prompting experts to ask why in the name of Christ a gigantic fire hazard is conducting its hot, petrol-soaked business just inches the below the country’s main artery.

Civil engineer, Bill McKay, said: “Did no-one at any point say, ‘that thing that smells very strongly of oil is a tad close to the M1 isn’t it?’.

“At no point did an off-duty fireman who was just passing by think, ‘d’you know what, I’m wondering if something I’m trained to recognise as a significant fire hazard should really be bumping up against the busiest road in the country like that?’.

“And when it gets what I assume is some kind of periodic safety certificate from the local council did no-one think to ask what happens to a steel-reinforced concrete bridge when you go at it with a massive blow torch made of old Vauxhall Corsas?”

He added: “This is Third World stuff. What the **** is wrong with us?”

project
    Free Member

Didnt the same people build the M6 next to some huge gasholders in birmingham.

There have got to be a lot more stuff under road bridges that may cause problems now its been highlighted.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Now mostly shut till the end of the week

Have you got a sauce for that? I’m supposed to be using it Friday

donsimon
    Free Member

?
    I couldn’t let it pass, could I?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

😉

There have been dodgy backstreet garages under railway arches for 100 years without any problems. Why the surprise that no one foresaw this ?

project
    Free Member

When Summit tunnel went up and the channel tunel twice, they just closed them and diverted the traffic to other routes etc, the same with railway arch fires.

Saying that railway arch and bridges are built from lots of bricks etc, not just pre stressed concrete.

Dobbo

Man does ironing

The videos quite good!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘M 1 Motorway closed to all trafic for quite a while it apears,all weekend now’ is closed to new replies.