Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lyriks or BOS Deville 3 way?
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Discuss

chakaping
    Free Member

If I’m ever lucky enough to have a three-way, I don’t think I’ll want a suspension fork involved at all.

jamj1974

Love both my pairs of Devilles.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikey74
    Free Member

Personally, I’d go for Lyriks: There is always doubt over the reliability of BOS stuff, and their customer service. Plus, there aren’t many places that will service them with genuine BOS parts. JTech will service them but they use seals from Fox 36s.

In addition: If you go somewhere like Whistler, you will struggle to find somewhere local to get them fixed, should something go wrong.

[From someone who had BOS forks and air shock on my DH bike for two years]

bruneep

Doubt I’ll ever get there so I’m safe enough with both my devilles then 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah, just thought I’d throw that in there as you never know. I had a situation where I needed my forks serviced out there and no one would do it.

However, the other points still apply.

edward2000
    Free Member

That’s such a good point, because in going back to whistler in September. Lyriks it is then!

Cheers

jamj1974

Not disputing Mikey74’s experiences but with 2x forks and 2x shocks had no issues since Dec 2012. I also think his point about repairs abroad is a good one!

mikey74
    Free Member

I also don’t think the difference in performance is enough to warrant the extra cost/hassle/kudos that comes with having BOS stuff.

Yes, fresh out-of-the-box, they were the best performing forks I’ve ever had. However, that didn’t last long and when you’re talking about getting them serviced using parts from other forks, you kinda lose the whole BOS-ness and you may as well have bought something more widely supported.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

BOS were always a bit flaky on the reliability side of things, but that seems to have been even worse in recent years.

If it’s a 650b bike as well the arch clearance is non existent.

The Lyrik performance is great, why would you put yourself potentially in the pain cave of dealing with a company you might not be able to get bits for.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I loved my Devilles. I bought them second hand and thought they felt amazing. Piece of piss to service yourself (I was quite happy using Fox seals etc). Big thing for me was proper high and low speed compression.

I didn’t put a set on my Stanton because the 140mm versions had ditched that and hone for a CTD style set up.

I’ve been a Rock Shox hater for a long time but the charger damper in my Boxxers is surprisingly good. The forks came on the bike and I was expecting to get shot ASAP, but they’re still there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lyriks or BOS Deville 3 way?’ is closed to new replies.