• This topic has 34 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • lyriks- help me set up the high"low speed compression and this?
  • hora
    Free Member

On a rocky (slow) descent the forks felt squishy/soft (like I had a slow puncture) and felt tall(?). I’ve just fitted the firm spring so shouldn’t fell squishy?

Help!

jam-bo

Ride faster.

hora
    Free Member

Setting them up correctly would help.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I set the high speed to minimal and low speed to 4 clicks. High speed is for sharp movements lot of height over short distance. The low is for keeping it tall and minimising dive in corners/under braking.

Works well on descents like hagg farm, roman rd into hope etc.

As jambo says MTFU and ride faster

nick1962
    Free Member
    dasnut
    Free Member

i’d start with the rebound, sounds like its way to slow.
    And the new spring won’t feel great until you have a few hours on it

hora
    Free Member

Well the forks were brand spanking. I’d left the rebound knob on the bottom of the climb!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

chcek the LOCO site for a good basic setup guide

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Sram guide is a good starting point depending on weight, I use a bit more rebound and ditched the floodgate. There was a similar thread recently, Poss cruzheckler, asking for lyrik settings might be worth a view.

hora
    Free Member

MC I was hefting both forks yesterday in the shop. The 55’s looked much nicer but the dark thick oil rings on the stanchions put me off!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

mine did that rightout of the box, I assume it is excess oil keeping the seals wet as I havent fitted or used em yet and havent heard any reports of oil leaks.

TBH I’m a fan of RS and lyriks (and think they look classier than the 55s) and if i could have got a pair for close to that price I would. My “old” forks are Solo Airs and the floodgate removal mod is how RS made the MiCo “DH”- lockout is not top of the list of wanteds on 160mm forks.

This was the thread I referred to, and it was cruzheckler asking.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/lyrik-riders-what-are-your-settings

Blower
    Free Member

how much you pay for forks Hora?

hora
    Free Member

Mc I loved the 55’s and tbh if it wasn’t 650 v 499 I’d have had the 55’s – thick oil ring or not. The dials, purple paintwork, nickle stanchions just looked soo much more quality.

Only time will tell. The 2-step lyriks soiled me somewhat to RS..

Blower
    Free Member

what you think of the RV’s Munqe-chick ?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

blower, not fitted or used them due to broken arm and torn tricep 😯 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Blower 499 for the Lyriks

bonfield-jones
    Free Member

I removed the floodgate system on the damper cartridge on my 2010 Lyriks. They were a little slow/sloppy. The fork seems to react a little bit better now. Its on pinkbike as a video in the tech section. They do however need a bit of bedding in compared to fox. I have had two pairs and they are good solid forks!

Blower
    Free Member

bad luck MC ,do you have the ti version?

hora are they the coil?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

blower – i can do the mico mod if they dont come with the dh cartridge

Blower
    Free Member

still undecided on forks rob are they the coil with the dh cartridge?

i do like the new 55’s.

thomthumb
    Free Member

SET up page at loco tuning is very helpful

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Mine are coil uturns with the dh mod to the mico cartidge

Blower
    Free Member

so yours arent the dh ones then?

mrplow
    Free Member

I find myself right between springs on lyriks. Soft is perfect for cornering and normal xc, medium is perfect for jumps and G outs but loses the cornering grip. I will be upping the damping with the soft spring but think it will dull the forks response and wish there was a spring inbetween.

Blower
    Free Member

cheers Hora,the cheapest ive seen so far

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Wtf is a g out?

hora
    Free Member

They have 16 left and changing the spring is a doddle- spanner top, rermove, replace, rescrew.

Konastoner
    Free Member

All is explained here:-

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Jlw4I22ag[/video]

mrplow
    Free Member

When I say g out I mean tanking down a steep slope and then hitting a transition/uphill/bombhole etc where my fork dives through all of its travel and slumps forward. With the stiffer spring the shock does not slump as far down and feels a lot more in control.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

ah bomb hole, i read MBUK and i still did not understand!! 😉

hora
    Free Member

Quick question. I’m 15stone (c95kg/210lb)- should I run a firm spring (installed now) or rereplace with the medium? Why?

I’m not getting all the travel easily- still 2-3inches on the stanchion- should I reinstall the medium spring and run the rebound fast for the Alps? (take the firm with me just incase it doesn’t work out)…..this should make the forks plushier and better?

OR – the fork is only one ride old, after a few rides will it loosen up more?

Blower
    Free Member

not keen on fast rebound miself..
    where in alps you going?

but cant helps with the lyriks as i aint got mine yet 🙂

im 13.5 stone and got the firm spring in so hope mine aint too stiff for me.

hora
    Free Member

We are staying in Morzine 🙂

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘lyriks- help me set up the high"low speed compression and this?’ is closed to new replies.