Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Lyrik solo air – Struggling to get them setup again…
  • J273
    Free Member

Ive been messing about with my lyriks (RC2DH version) after having them serviced but now cant for the life of me get them setup how i used to have them.

I used to just play around with the H/L speed rebound with no actual idea as to what i was doing.

Today i went out and a local ride i do theres a decent on a fireroad with all loose rocks and you can easily hit 40 mph on the way down. The bike just felt unstable and the front end was wandering all over the place bouncing off all the loose rocks.

Would i need to dial in the High or Low speed compression or is this more of a rebound issue or even tyre pressure issue.

Whats a good starting point with the High / low speed ?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

rob-jackson
    Free Member

rebound and spring rate

Wozza
    Free Member

Today i went out and a local ride i do theres a decent on a fireroad with all loose rocks and you can easily hit 40 mph on the way down. The bike just felt unstable and the front end was wandering all over the place bouncing off all the loose rocks.

I would expect a 40mph fireroad to be unstable!

I’m sure someone could give you a much better description but I think of it as this…

High and low speed compression relates to the shaft speed. High speed is square edge hits, so massive rocks (little rocks at speed can do this too) and drops. Low speed is rider input, (brakes and weight movements) as well as the small gradual changes in the trail like flowy singletrack I think.

From what I remember Rockshox say start with 4-4-1 (1 doesn’t apply to you since you don’t have a floodgate) and work from there.

SRAM Clicky

I think Rob Jackson is right too, the dmaper only works well if you have the other bits setup correctly.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik solo air – Struggling to get them setup again…’ is closed to new replies.