Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lyrik service
  • zcmudd
    Free Member

Hola, I’ve been riding my 2016 lyrik since last November and now it’s time for a service. Is it advisable to replace all the seals or just add some grease and change the oil if the rubber looks okay?

SirHC

If the seals arn’t leaking and the charger damper has no air in it, then I would go for a lowers service, keep the same seals and clean the wiper foams (or replace).

deadkenny
    Free Member

Typically I leave the seals on any fork service I do unless they are leaking or look worn, or in the case of wiper seals if it’s been a very long time and I feel I can be bothered to try to prise them out.

Got old style Lyriks and they’re simpler to do with no charger. Though got couple of Pikes now and need to do one. Been a while so might do more of a full service. With the Lyriks it was just a case of refilling the damper side along with general clean up and doing the lowers. With the charger damper though, the manual says to do the bleed, but would it really need doing? I mean, I have brakes that can go years never needing bleeding. Quick skim through Pike manual and there’s a refill of oil in the damper side cartridge also. I was thinking of doing that, clean up the air side and check seals, then do lowers, as my 200hr service*. Forget the bleed unless there’s any indication it needs doing.

* – been way more than 200hrs riding but anyway 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zcmudd
    Free Member

Ahha, ya it seemed excessive to bleed and rebuild the charger since everything runs great. I guess I’ll order new seals just in case and probably use new foam seals

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik service’ is closed to new replies.