Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lyrik RC2L or fox 34 CTD?
  • eichler
    Free Member

Specialized enduro frame. Any suggestions on the fork to get?

Fork needs to be 160mm. Don’t care about travel adjust. Must be air sprung. No BOS no xxfusion. Rear shock is a cane creek DB air

Suggestions / experience welcome. My thoughts: lyrik is more reliable but heavier. Fox 34 is lighter and better looking but more expensive.

Thanks. J

munrobiker
    Free Member

Quite different beasts these- the Lyrik (my choice on a Five) is a much stiffer, beefier fork with a more DH focus to the damping while the 34 is essentially a beefed up trail fork.

I would go for the Lyrik if you are doing big mountain stuff or if stiffness is a priority. The 34 if you want light weight.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’d agree with munrobiker a Fox 36 is a better comparison to the Lyrik.

edward2000
    Free Member

I have owned the Fox 36, I currently use the Lyric RC2L and the CCDB air. Fox service intervals are very short which is why i chose the Lyrics when i needed new forks. There isnt much in the 36s and the Lyriks, except the price. The other option is the Marz 66 i think. You wont go wrong with the Lyrics. Mine are white, which makes me go faster.

eichler
    Free Member

Ok. Thanks for the info. Lyriks are the only suitable fork in the rockshox range -revs are too short.

Edward2000, have you had any issues with the dual position spring? The two step system was terrible – I assume they have sorted all the issues out?

Still not sure. Have also read that if you ride aggressively, the 34 is too linear and tends to blow through all of its travel.

Thanks

Northwind

Might be worth mentioning that the 34 at 160mm is shorter than a 36 at 160mm- falls halfway between the Lyrik and Revelation so if Revs are definitely too short, maybe that’s relevant for you…

I love my Lyriks tbh- great feel, very reliable, and the damping’s not just very controlled, it’s easy to understand and adjust.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Are you definitely not wanting X Fusion. I’ve got a set of the Vengeance Air HLR version and they are superb. Highly tunable. Very plush and very stiff. What more could you want from a fork!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

X Fusion Vengeance HLR AIR an the Suntour Durolux both came up on my list. Weight is right 35/36mm stanchion area so plenty stiff enough.

34 is 15mm so not sure about overall stiffness for really smashing it around compared to the 36.

What/Where/How do you ride what are you looking for from the fork?

eichler
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Peak District riding plus wharncliffe woods (Sheffield local trails). Considering entering done enduro races too.

Would prefer rockshox as they’re easy to service. Spoke to TF tuned today and they said there is an 8 week lead time on lyriks. Fox are in stock at mojo.

Trying to source a lyrik rc2 dh as they come with the boys to drop the travel to 160.

cubemeup
    Free Member

I would go for the new lyrics although I I got 160 vans my brothers RS feel lovely. Fox are way over priced IMO

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik RC2L or fox 34 CTD?’ is closed to new replies.