• This topic has 33 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Lyrik RC2DH solo air.
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

does anyone know if, when you reduce the travel on a rockshox lyrik, does it reduce the axle to crown size or does the spacer just stop the fork from using all its travel?

thanks.

Superficial
    Free Member

Reduces the axle-crown.

passtherizla
    Free Member

That’s the answer I wanted… Actually whilst I was waiting for a reply I searched the sram site… It’s all there if I’d have looked oops.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Are you planning on setting them at 150 or 160 for the new frame? If you get the forks from Loco he would probably fit the spacers from new for cost as I think he strips down all new forks anyway.

passtherizla
    Free Member

160.. Good shout about loco though mate I’ll drop him a line when i have the dosh. I was speaking to freeflow in scotland and they said the would do it in the price.

passtherizla
    Free Member

is it possible to drop the to 150? 2 spacers?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m not 100% Sure to be honest. I will have a look later when I’m on a computer, on phone at the moment.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Mine are dropped to 150mm

I_Ache
    Free Member

What we’re yours to start off with 170 or 160?

craigxxl
    Free Member

170’s, I just dropped in the 20mm spacer from my Reba’s.

passtherizla
    Free Member

good to know its an option…

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ve just been on to CRC to see if the required spacer comes with the fork so I can drop the travel to 160… this is the reply I got.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your email.

Both the forks that we offer only come in the 170mm version and you cannot convert them to 160mm travel, you would need to buy the specific 160mm option.

Rock Shox Lyrik RC2DH Solo Air Forks 2013
    Rock Shox Lyrik RC2DH Solo Air Forks – Tapered 2013
    If I can be of further assistance please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Hope this helps.

No that doesn’t bloody help… confused now and hoping it’s just someone at CRC talking rubbish!!??

joao3v16
    Free Member

I’d be more inclined to believe the SRAM site than CRC … surely SRAM know their product spec’s

passtherizla
    Free Member

I agree, but just wondering if CRC get some magical product that cannot be lowered as the tech team suggests, like some kind of OEM type thing thats a bit different?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Give Fishers a ring, they are usually very helpful. They will know if there is a special version of the Solo Air spring that cant be internally adjusted.

passtherizla
    Free Member

even more confused now… just spoke to Fishers and they say that you could adjust models year 2010 and 2011 but not 2012 and 2013 you have to buy the specific model either 170 or 160 travel… and they aren’t importing the Lyrik RC2DH and that that fork isn’t available for unless you do an aftermarket conversion!!?? I am lost. and the bloke on the phone was an arse.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Sounds like you need to get the RC2L DPA and to the DH conversion. It apparently works almost as well and it is easily reversible. Thats what I have done with mine.

What he means by convert them is get new internals, it looks like from this link that you can get solo airs in 3 different travels now. 160, 170 and 180! The bloke at fishers is telling you that you need to buy the 160mm spring. Its bloody stupid when they do things like this.

http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/AKEpKBkwf1phnUAwnVJbe9et_anfKPI8CGLBb-59pw0/mtime:1344376749/sites/default/files/techdocs/2013_rockshox_spc_rev_a_0.pdf

And comparing it to this link it looks like they have turned multiple pieces, that can include the all travel spacer, into one piece probably to save weight and increase stiffness .

http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/AKEpKBkwf1phnUAwnVJbe9et_anfKPI8CGLBb-59pw0/mtime:1344376749/sites/default/files/techdocs/2013_rockshox_spc_rev_a_0.pdf

I_Ache
    Free Member
    snakebite
    Free Member

just ordered some 160mm RC2DH… due from Fishers tomorrow I hope!

passtherizla
    Free Member

Simon At Loco really is the real deal… what a guy. he says fishers are right. but that he also may be able to do something for me.

passtherizla
    Free Member

snakebite – Member
    just ordered some 160mm RC2DH… due from Fishers tomorrow I hope!

I’d be interested to hear if they turn up.

madness… they told me that they aren’t importing them.

So for 2013 there are different models available with different travel.??

passtherizla
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member
    Oh and I have saved you some money too.

for the extra expense I think I’d rather get them form Loco as tehy’ll be stripped and fiddled with before I get them.

passtherizla
    Free Member

just found some fox 36 160’s for only a few quid more though… tempting.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Lyriks from Loco would be a great choice especially if you don’t mind standing the extra cost.

snakebite
    Free Member

Lyriks just arrived at the shop! 😀

passtherizla
    Free Member

snakebite – Member
    Lyriks just arrived at the shop!

dunno what balls Fisher were talking yesterday then… wasn’t doubting you by the way, just interesting how the very place that told me they’re not available supplied them to someone on the very same day. what model year are they? do you have a product code please?

passtherizla
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member
    Lyriks from Loco would be a great choice especially if you don’t mind standing the extra cost.

He was still very competitive even with the mods.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the availability/travel but can confirm that the 2012 on, despite the dual laser markings on the stanction, the travel can’t be adjusted with a spacer, they need a new solo air spring assembly (or some good DIY).

Otherwise the ‘kick plate’ is free to float in the fork lower and can stick and activate the solo air valve. When the valve is activated, the air pressure equalises and effectively ‘resets’ the fork at the point in the travel the valve opens, so you can end up with something like 100mm travel and a massive negative air chamber! Not great – but top out is super plush 😉

snakebite
    Free Member

I had the last set apparently. 160mm Coil RCDH2 8)

paul123
    Free Member

Just to be clear on this then.

170mm 2012 RC2DH’s can’t be spaced down to 160 by simply putting a spacer in they need a replcement cartridge as well. Is that right?

deanfbm
    Free Member

Paul, that is correct.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

To be clear (or possibly pedantic), it’s not “as well” – you can’t use a standard RockShox spacer at all.

You need to replace the solo air spring assembly – or DIY a longer top out bumper that keeps the kick plate captive.

The damping side (sometimes referred to as a the cartridge) should not need modifying.

In my opinion this is a bad move – one of the awesome things on my 2011 Revelations is simple travel adjust.

paul123
    Free Member

after talking to TF Tuned it seems you just need a different end plate (might have the terminology wrong). The 160mm version is slightly longer than the 170mm version. So not a spacer but similar principle and very easy to do apparently!!!

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep, end plates are due in the end of the week. 😉

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik RC2DH solo air.’ is closed to new replies.